GT Seat for a girl

m88arx

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys anybody know a good seat for a young girl i bought her a second hand gt air but the seat is minchy on it could be also looking for a 25.4 seat post, also the one thats one there is tiny and think she wont get the hang of it till i get a bigger seatpost.
From the mtb side but when i was younger i was bmx mad first started on a boxer at 4 yrs old

cheers marc

There are loads on ebay, but if you go to your nearest bike shop (you don't have to buy rom there) but you will get a idea on what there is on other bikes

a comfy padded seat might get her to sit on it longer and be a better ride for her - hard plastic seat might make her want to stop after a while

you haven't said how old she is and how good a rider she is

she might get on with a plastic seat like the old school style - but again we need to know what the bike and size is ?

cheers B ;)

Hi mate thanks for your reply it is a gt air bmx and she is eleven and never ridden a bike before. Her father said he would teach her 5 years ago but isnt around now falls to me the seat that is on is too small for her and think she would like a padded seat although trying to get a gt one to keep in with the bike. I took the seatpost out to spray paint as it was second hand bike i got her, but it was only 8 inches long or so and noticed it was actually only in by an inch. Which i know is no good. I will get a pick of the bike up so you have an idea mate.

Marc

Hi mate as requested my niece is about 5ft 4 and heres the bike, the saddle actually looks ok here but is really small. I will also probably need to find another seatpost as this one is tiny its at its highest now.

P.S sorry for the delay in pic I have a bad shoulder and couldnt left bike out of shed

Marc

Attachments

• DSCN0406.JPG
    DSCN0406.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 390
Back