Columbus TSX tubes...

Just had a look and I can't feel or see any kind of helical reinforcement from the bb shell. I am confident this is an slx frame though, there are others in the same paint - all are slx. This one also has a full quota of stickers, which don't mean much on their own. It's light enough, has a good ring to it etc.

Did he come and pick it up and have chance to examine it before he took it..............or did you send it through the post?

Shaun

I've had a few piss-takers on ebay and it's infuriating. I have had one guy take the case up with ebay but through constant reiteration of the point 'it was sold to the best of my knowledge and until the buyer proves otherwsie it's not what it was sold as' then he cannot go any further.
You sold this to the best of your knowledge and surely he has to prove 100% otherwise & that he is right.
Regarding tsx v slx foz above is on the mark. Internal rifling is likely to be central, where the tubing is thinest not all the way to the ends like slx. Has he stuck a torch down the seat tube and taken a look? it's easy to see all the way down that way, get him to take a camera pic down there and email it to you.

Ask him to supply you with a link that states tsx tubing has rifling all the way to the ends.

**Withdraw the money from paypal**. It may be a pain to end up with negative feedback but you soon build it back up again, you may of course not be too worried about that and if you have little feedback then just start a new ebay account.

I kept all my money and despite negative feedback it hasn't harmed my selling. I've had people saying they haven't received their bits and when I reply with I have the proof of posting shall I scan it to you all goes quiet..... consider every ebayer guilty until proven otherwise :LOL:
This guy bought to sell and make some money so don't feel too bad for him, be firm but fair ;)

Gregs, foz, thanks for the info-after telling him i'd arrange to take it back instead of doing a partial refund he's decided to keep it... Money has been withdrawn from my Paypal long ago to pay for such joys such as ferry tickets and temporary lodgings till I get my own place!

I never took the bb out of it so don't really know if the guy was right or not from squeezing my own fat fingers up there-lesson learned... I've got a CBT italia SLX frame sitting there and can feel the rifling from the BB but can't on another Faggin frame which is SLX also. Really must depend on the butting? Or were people that sneaky about re-badging frames after-market?

I don't think i'll be using ebay again-the fees are astronomical and it just seems that both as seller and buyer you are ultimately at risk of being short-changed or screwed over.

it's not worth the stress for the most part-I think i've gotten a couple more grey hairs since this started off as like I say, I'm in the middle of moving and also really need the money.

Surprising how little info there is about the tubesets-was hoping to find a pic of the tube profile or something but no luck.

cheers for the advice anyway guys

I sell quite a bit on eBay, for the most part it is great - but you do get the odd one or two people who forget that they are just dealing with other normal people. Not necessarily buying from experts or big business who have the resources to just pay them and move on. I got negative feedback yesterday for some thing that was listed honestly with loads of pictures - the bloke emailed me about a month ago, I responded - then I get negative feedback. I sold it 6 weeks ago - daft.

I've decided since to have multiple accounts - which is within their rules, to try and mitigate the effect that some people can have.

Glad it's sorted. Sounds like he was trying it on to me.

That's the thing, isn't it... He's already had the bike for 2 weeks and really, I'd assumed all was good then the prospect of having it blow up with no real comeback. I don't mind taking responsibility for what i'm selling but it seems easy for buyers to be a bit slack and then turn round long after the purchase and complain then get a refund after dismantling and using it.

bracing myself for bad feedback anyway-will be the first negative but think my selling days are over anyway!

SLX or TSX

Hi guys
A bit late to the party but here is how the two tubes differ:
Both high end but for different purposes
SLX - Helical reinforcement at end of tubes - professional single day race frame
TSX - helical reinforcement runs full length of tube - professional use for multi stage races
From this I assume TSX is slightly more forgiving

I do have both types of frames but they have BB's in and have never felt the need to 'touch them inappropriately' ;)

And for what it worth, I must admit if I bought a frame that was listed as TSX and it wasnt, I would be disappionted. Basically if its not TSX its more than likely its not SLX from what I know.

Jamie

Back