MacRetro National Innerleithen. Chat thread.

I might be able to collect you velo if taz can't, I'll now only be riding on Saturday as work is daft again and I'll need the Sunday to see the family.

I'm in

kaiser
The Ken
zigzag
Velomaniac
Hawmaw
Tazio
Radoslaw
mikee
kiethyr
Robmac
Jamie

Singlespeed rigid as usual, will let a few psi out for a bit more comfort ;)

I'd love to go along and take up my usual role of being at the very back puffing and panting,heart attack on the horizon but alas i have no means of transport.
Not even got a tent left to do an overnight in :oops:

Taz, I'd gratefully accept your offer of a lift and thus ensure you reached the start point. However I cant guarantee you'd consider my bike not to be pig iron :LOL:

Start point of this epic is the carpark just past the bridge over the Tweed on the Traquair Road heading south from the west end of Innerleithens main street. If coming from the west, go past the co-op and turn down road on right just before church sign posted Traquair. If coming from east Alpine bikes located in an old church hall will be on your right just as you turn left by the church onto the Traquair road to head south toward the Tweed.

Our list of MacRetro Clansmen is looking good but I've only spotted 6-7 notes of interest from our southern neighbours. We need to encourage a bit of that Olympian GB spirit :)

Plus has there been any other developments regarding getting Geof Apps across from Chirnside as he was looking for a lift. I've posted up in NE & Yorks that if anyones coming up they could pass through Chirnside on route but the tumbleweeds and wind whistles through their forum unmolested by chat and banter :?

Weather forecast via BBC doesn't look too bad for Saturday !

Understandably due to distance, East Anglia & Lincolnshire have organised thir own ride for the 18th so I suspect few visitors from that group :roll:

Looking forward to winching my way up the hills in the mid to rear section of the group. Fitness is now so bad its a joke worthy of its own stand up show on the fringe :oops:

Leaving

Hi Guys
Should be leaving soon, route planner says its 313 mile journey so will crash in the van either down there or somewhere on the way. It will be a slow one in the old van with cruising at 50 - 55 mph, but looking forward to the ride and catching up.
See you soon
Jamie

See you soon Jamie, I would have offered a place to stay but our house is in DIY turmoil just now ...and Mrs TK isn't happy I'm going mtb'ing while it is like that.

Latest posts

Back