Frame re-coating!

I dropped off the frame at Derwent enamellers today. Someone from work had had some car parts done and was pleased with the results.

I'll upload some pictures when i get it back if anyone is interested

The colours they have in stock are:
Black (matt or gloss)
White
Yellow
Red

Any of these is 35 quid. They can get any RAL colour in quantities of 2 kilos for 25 pounds extra.

When i went today they had a blue in stock so I went with that. The turnaround is 2-3weeks which is a bit of a bummer but I'm in no real hurry.

Awesome, I might have to check em out.... Did the £35 include shot blasting/dipping or anything, or is that just the powdercoating price?

Cheers like...

from his email

Hi,

Yes we do that kind of work all the time.

The process is as follows: Degrease, shot blast, mask off as required, Polyester Powder coat (Colour from our stock)

Standard colours: White Gloss, Yellow gloss ,red gloss, Black gloss or matt.

Cost =£35.00 and at the moment we are looking at around a 3 week turn around due to current work load.

Cheers dude, thats a great price for all that. Put some pics up when your done, would love to see it and also your feedback on the finishing standard.

Thanks mate,

Al

2012-08-21%2017_56_37.jpg

Got it back today, pretty happy with the finish. I've not seen any other powder coatings so I havent got anything to compare it too.

Hi mate,

Cheers for the pic, looks like they did a good job there. Has the BB been masked properly though as it looks a bit blue from the pic? Did you need to get it re-chased at all. Thinking about going to these and having a white frame but may change my mind yet!

Thanks dude,

Al

I havent even taken that masking tape off yet, waiting for a headset to arrive before i do anything. I can have a proper look and post a pic of the area for you later.

Back