wtd 9 speed sti components please

bonkersbuilder

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi I need sti shifters
9 speed cassette
and a braze on front mech (double pref )
the crank is octalink 105 as is the short travel rear mech but i am not really badge conscious on this one function for once also follows form so missing caps scratches and corrosion all taken into consideration,and it will no doubt all be back up for sale 20 mins after the test ride so keen price is important!!

the left shifter can even be there just for a brake/hand rest, to be honest as almost every 2 wheeler i ride these days runs single front rings.

and if there just happens to be a matching chain laying around ?

but of course if there's a complete dura ace groupset out there for the price of a Mars ice cream i am your man lol !!

even interested in a pair of aero levers and bar end shifters if that's the cheapest way to get it all working.

or is 8 or 10 speed cheaper to get together ?

I recently picked up a trek 5200 super-light frame/forks in roughly my size as well as a set of shimano whr500 wheels from here, so i was going to give a road bike one more chance before forever going back to my retro mtb's.

also can anyone recommend good bar tape as i always suffer from buzz and numbness on a road bike but no where near as much on mtb so i assume some of it must be the grips.

cheers
Darren

to stop the road buzz you could try gel pads under the tape, or alternatively double or even triple wrap the bars?

FWIW I have a decent 9 speed cassette w matching chain here, think it's 12-25 Tiagra

Back