Pre Trek Kleins

Very nice indeed. With all these large collections we see, I hope there is enough for the rest of us to share around!

There are enough Kleins around but most people want Attitudes and Adroits and only rigid bikes seems to be desireable.

That is of course understandable. They are great bikes but so are the Rascal/Fervors also. A really great Rascal in a hard to find XL size has been for sale on this forum for a looong time with limited response. It's looks to be in great condition and if I had the money and the space I would have bought it.

So I find it hard to understand why so many people say they want a Klein and at the same time that only seems to apply for rigid Attitudes and Adroits.

agree 100% I for one have fallen into this trap. Although a MC1 Attitude with painted Rock Shox is mighty tempting also. The mint Moonrise one that went for silly money recently was near perfect.

treacle":2il9pa0b said:
agree 100% I for one have fallen into this trap. Although a MC1 Attitude with painted Rock Shox is mighty tempting also. The mint Moonrise one that went for silly money recently was near perfect.

I didn't see that one. Was it rigid? What did it sell for........or I guess what I'm really asking is: What is silly money? ;)

Anyway, the Moonrise is one of my favourite colors. My absolute favourite is Sunburst but when it comes down to finding one, you just have to take what you get I guess.

I finally found a Painted Desert MC2 and it's really beautiful. I used to think that the Desert was just an ordinary color but seeing it live changed my mind (as it is for all Kleins I guess :) ).

Yeah it sold recently on ebay - just under 4000 usd I think.

Here it is - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1993-Klein ... 198wt_1167

I think Moonrise is my favourite 'fade' followed by Sea & Sky. I know what you mean about Painted Desert, and Burgandy, Teal etc...once you see them they make sense.

There is a lovely used Sunburst on ebay at the moment (German site I think), it's faded by it kind of adds to it for me...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, I did see the German Sunburst. A little faded as you say.....but to small for me... :(

I would love to find one in XL and mint condition. That would be my dream bike....silly money or not! :D

Back