Kona's page

My 1997 Manomano

Hi, I'm new here but i wanted to take the opportunity to post a pic of my Manomano here. Actually I wasn't really into retrobikes but this one just grew retro while I was riding it (or rather not riding it for the past few years).

However, since i took this pic at Lake Garda back in 2005 I have changed fork and and rear shock (RS Dart and Deluxe) as well as stem, bar and seatpost (Roox) and also the tires (Conti Race King 2.2). Furthermore I'm about to change brakes back to Avid Vs. When I find the time to do so, I might open a thread of its own.

Regards from Vienna,

Mathias

Attachments

• P8050026.JPG
    P8050026.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 1,446
Here's my 1996 Lavadome!

konaldnew1.jpg

konaldnew2.jpg

konaldnew3.jpg

Re: 94 Lava dome

dvatcmark":2hvgsm1o said:
Here's my 94 Lava Dome

My chice of black finishing kit seems to upset a few folks on here but I think it suits the frame colour nicely

20120612_160515.jpg

Love looks great, very tasteful and you're right the black upgrades suite it. Did you weld a calliper mount on the the back yourself?

unkleGsif":1u5erbo2 said:
Another 1990 Cindercone - Karma'd to me here by a member :cool:

Absolutely love it! Has had a hard life, was battered, missing lots, and bent as its a suspected roadkill victim.... left abandoned at the roadside (bike, not rider, obviously)

Drive+Side.jpg

Always wanted to experiment with a classic single speed, so this with a bent mech hanger seemed ideal

G

I found a lava dome frame and P2s 97 very battered lots of dings and bent carrier the same bunged it in my garage and 10 yrs later just dug it out straightened it and turned it into a single speeder, absolutely love it just waiting fora new saddle then I'll post some pics.

Ps where's your crank from?

unkleGsif":3dexfipn said:
Bought them many years ago... Shimano MT60 Deore...
Painted them matte black for the build

G

thought so I've got a silver one in the Garage somewhere! what ring you running? I've not counted mine yet but when it was on my cinder cone I could get up most the hills to and from work so have bunged that on my new build.......

Can't remember off the top of my head... 36-11 I think
It's in the build thread in my signiature

G

My first MTB was a 1993 Kona Fire Mountain. I did over 9000 miles on it and replaced everything but the frame and stem. Sadly no pictures but I'll always have a soft spot for Kona's.

If ever find a decent mid 90's Hei Hei I'd find it difficult to turn down.

roadender":yinbj5tc said:
My first MTB was a 1993 Kona Fire Mountain. I did over 9000 miles on it and replaced everything but the frame and stem. Sadly no pictures but I'll always have a soft spot for Kona's.

If ever find a decent mid 90's Hei Hei I'd find it difficult to turn down.

Same here not sure what year mine was bought it in 1996 2nd hand to rip around Epping Forest on then sold it my brother who recently restored it and now rips around China on it : )

405884_10150672756135649_1309284396_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back