Help identifying a mystery Dawes!

joemahon89

Retro Newbie
Hope someone here can help! I recently acquired this Dawes road bike but cannot identify it! I have tried searching on the internet to no avail. Sorry if the pictures are a little bit blurry!

http://imgur.com/a/tWXzp

Thank you in advance for any pointers!

No not a Milk Race, similar though. Just a Dawes Team as it says on the top tube. Reynolds 500 tubing (low spec).

Thank you for the quick reply!

I thought it might be as simple as that, but I couldn't find anything about a 'Dawes Team' online. I figured it was pretty low-end with the Reynolds 500, but thought the chrome rims and stamped/engraved bars were nice.

Do you think it is worth fixing up? Or any idea as to it's worth?

Thank you! :)

Hi, looks like that's it, a Dawes Team 1989 ? The Weinmann brakes may have a date stamped on the inside to clarify, the weinmanns do point to low to mid spec in the catalogue. Terry

Yeah that won't take too much fixing up. I'd do it.

Value will only be circa £100 - £120 when done. Ballpark of course it could have nostalgic value for someone.

Hi, that's a shame, the code is usually just a two digit year code sometimes in the middle of a circular set of digits ( patent info ? ) on the back of the brake. It looks like the bike should clean up and be useable bit of kit. Terry

Latest posts

Back