Clement Criterium Seta Extra - unused unglued - Ebay sale

I like his listing.....

''They appear to hold air well - but please remember the age of the tire - no guarantees''

Thats the trouble nowadays! Finding some old but mint tubs that will not explode when pumped up to 120psi :oops:

I wouldn't even think about buying them at that price anyway!!

My friend went to a bike jumble and purchased two brand new tubs which looked mint but the carcass was rotten.

Got two brand new Clement tubs in the garage..........been on a set of rims with no glue since 1978. Not sure about them LOL

Shaun

Midlife":3c7y2m5e said:
Not sure about them LOL

:shock: **BANG!** :shock:

Nothing worse than old but good looking tubs. OK for a 'show bike' but not OK for road use :?

When my friend's tub exploded it knackered his SSC rim :facepalm:

I'll let you know how well they hold air when I get them ;)

To be honest the price was dropped and due to the rarity - pretty much one of the best and lightest '80's road tyres they weren't that bad when you compare them to the modern top line vittorias now... IF they hold air ;)

I have '80's nos clement strada66's, clement mirage servizio corse and vittoria special pro 19's and they all hold air fine at 90-100psi and used lightly. 120psi is uneccessary for me ;)

I am sure you will be happy with them - in all honesty I dont think you could find any in better condition - they couldnt be any 'newer'.

Keep me posted.

I've still got a nice pair of Campag wheels - Record 32 hubs with Crono rims, 6 speed titanium freewheel and Clement Setas. All as new condition.

Harko66":36fsj05s said:
I am sure you will be happy with them - in all honesty I dont think you could find any in better condition - they couldnt be any 'newer'.

Keep me posted.

I've still got a nice pair of Campag wheels - Record 32 hubs with Crono rims, 6 speed titanium freewheel and Clement Setas. All as new condition.

I'm sure I will be more than happy ;)

Back