The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Ce74kS2o_original.jpg

Rampage":2nfqxqti said:
Excellent :D you got it done then?
Happy with the result and do you reckon its strong enough :?

Bought a nice Pro2 ceramic bearing job hope rear hub,in gold to match a gold XC i was trying unsuccessfully to find the match for,and I paid less than an XC rear usually goes for so am feeling rather chuffed with myself :D

From my local tip last week, a pair of marzocchi shiver forks, alloy threadless stem and bars, tektro levers, pair of brand new retro mtb tires.

In the past, a 90's Powerlite bmx, Kastle 1997 mtb, an almost new GT Transeo 4 (wheels came in a few weeks later off a low end Garry fisher ladies bike) 2010 se lager frame, a dutch bike with nexus 7 speed wheels (going on the lager) brand new kalloy sprung seat post, brand new specialized armadillo tires, a trek 6045 alpha (battered to death but I rebuilt it because of the nexus rear hub) like new bontrager select rear wheel, pair of disc mtb wheels, sunn rims, nukeproof hubs and tubeless continental tires which I stupidly sold for 50 :(

That's just a selection of the bike stuff alone!

retrobikeguy":3g6r1wp3 said:
My uncle txt me t'other day and asked me to fix up this old bike for him called 'wild thing' :LOL: ,

IMAG0429.jpg

he also said I can have the piece of junk next to it

IMAG0430.jpg

Its gonna need a tidy but its better than the wild thing :LOL:

Be a good nephew and tell him the wild thing is a POS. You could offer to sort out the Muddy Fox for him as it's a quality, usable bike (wild thing is not), and if he's not keen on it (or you want it too much), give him the option of you finding him something else decent he can ride.
Surely the honourable thing to do.

thecannibal":2rsz0slm said:
Be a good nephew and tell him the wild thing is a POS. You could offer to sort out the Muddy Fox for him as it's a quality, usable bike (wild thing is not), and if he's not keen on it (or you want it too much), give him the option of you finding him something else decent he can ride.
Surely the honourable thing to do.
So just to clarify, then - you're not the uncle in question?

I'm not really serious, it's just a cheap gag...

Nice bit of 531 there. Love an old road bike. Would that be 1970s? Those mechs look like some ancient things I have.

Back