Raleigh RSP Freeride

Simply stunning.

The Conti's are original spec. The seat post, pedals and grips are not. Also missing are the fork boots.

Here is mine, as it is now. Some tweaks too. :D

Attachments

• DSCF3122.JPG
    DSCF3122.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,206
You've really scratched an itch of mine with this purchase, not sure the next one I find will escape my clutches so easily now!

Is this the frame that went on to be the DHO? I saw Emma Guy race the same frame and forks back in the day. The only difference to stock is she had a chain guide and disks!

Hmmm, I was going to colour-match my fork to the frame, but now I see the catalogue pic with the yellow fork I might just leave it as it is... :cool:

ChrisBrown81":3ulg8u39 said:
Is this the frame that went on to be the DHO? I saw Emma Guy race the same frame and forks back in the day. The only difference to stock is she had a chain guide and disks!

Yes. The DHO and the others were developed with input from the team, including Matt Farmer and Emma Guy.

On the DHO we actually stripped down XTR chainsets to single rings so that we could fit the MRP chainguide. I've no idea what we did with all those chainrings :?

Cheers for all the comments guys.

Im going to have a play around with some more modern length stems and see what works best, probably around the 90mm mark i guess.

I work away so dont have access to the bike during the week so can someone with one do me a favor and confirm the seat post diameter, i think its 27.0 but just want to check before i order something, you can beat having parcels to open when you get home at the end of the week.

Forks are going to be the big dilemma, i dont think i wil be able to use the judys due to them being way too soft for me and a total absence of spring kits. I love the forks on my wifes bike, marz corsal SL's but they dnt have canti mounts which would mean a new front wheel as well as disc brake, all to easily it would be slipping into more money than i wanted to invest in it.

Suggestions on the fork front welcome, im a marzocchi fan, want 120mm as modern as poss with canti mounts.

Also on the lookout for a used fox float or similar for the back 165 i2i

Raleigh

Always wanted one of these, but didn't like the Triple Clamps. I know they were for hardcore thrashing, but I would be tempted to put single crowns on and ride it as a general trail weapon. Lovely Lovely machine though, just why they started producing the garbage they do now beggers belief.
I had an M-Trax 5000 in 17 BITD and it was sub 4 pound frame weight and handled just superbly.

Back