Wrapping a bike for posting

i've had 2 frames now sent in just a black bin liner !.......hand deliverd by the small post van thank god :D and un- damaged :?:

The bidder who wanted me to wrap it in cardboard and tape would have been happy with the picture in Easy Rider's post :shock: :shock:

Just sold the Peugeot on ebay to a bloke who lives just one mile away - so no need for any worries about postage.

I got twice what I guessed it would go for, so a good day all round :D :D

bigmick":1mwowwiu said:
letting the buyer supply the courier could leave you open to item not received claim
Not if it's listed as collection only.

Doesn't sound like it's worth the potential hassle though.

technodup":3ewt3ftd said:
bigmick":3ewt3ftd said:
letting the buyer supply the courier could leave you open to item not received claim

have they changed the rules, how do you prove collection in a dispute if paid by paypal

bigmick":3oq7eehk said:
technodup":3oq7eehk said:
bigmick":3oq7eehk said:

have they changed the rules, how do you prove collection in a dispute if paid by paypal
You can't. Which is why collections should be paid in person.

Although thinking about it I'm not sure if Paypal take into account a collection only Ebay listing... doubt it tbh. If a buyer wants to collect the seller shouldn't accept Paypal as there's no proof of delivery, but not sure how it works the other way around. It's late.

I used to be a powerseller and top rated seller but the ever changing rules and robbing fees drove me away. Ebay's shit.

bigmick":2i1k4a6s said:
.....how do you prove collection in a dispute if paid by paypal
technodup":2i1k4a6s said:

Following the insistance of a buyer to pay by paypal only to collect in person, I have had the Mrs take a surreptitious photo of him collecting the item from me.... only to have a dispute raised for non receipt of item

Not sure if paypal would have accepted it as evidence, as he dropped the case before I got to send it to them, when I sent him the photo with the item in his hands and a smile on his face...
Cheeky twat :LOL:

G

IF you have someone who wants to book their own courier, make sure to get the tracking number before you release it.

My policy is that if it's collection only I want it collected. I sold a computer case for a tenner a couple of months back, alienware, was huge. Bloke was 200 something miles away - wanted to arrange a courier. I said no, put it back on ebay with postage - sold for fifty something pound.

You always get more if you are willing to post - but with some items it's just not worth the risk IMO.

Bikes are easy to post if you get a box though. Far easier than a lot of smaller items I reckon.

unkleGsif":2zfz4nqc said:
bigmick":2zfz4nqc said:
.....how do you prove collection in a dispute if paid by paypal
technodup":2zfz4nqc said:

Following the insistance of a buyer to pay by paypal only to collect in person, I have had the Mrs take a surreptitious photo of him collecting the item from me.... only to have a dispute raised for non receipt of item

Not sure if paypal would have accepted it as evidence, as he dropped the case before I got to send it to them, when I sent him the photo with the item in his hands and a smile on his face...
Cheeky tw*t :LOL:

G
Loving that - did he reply / respond with anything or just go a big rubbery one?

My santa cruz arrived like this :roll:

Attachments

• santacruz_tazmon_001_large_149.jpg
    santacruz_tazmon_001_large_149.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 256
Back