'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

A friend has donated a replacement xt rear mech the same as my previous one in exchange for a set of brake bleeding blocks that I made up at work (good job I made two sets) so my gear change worries are currently no more. :D

Drawback I'm finding the MsIsle really hardwork for much more than a few miles ride... Really cramped riding position for me at 6'1" and I could still do with the seat up a touch but have maxed out the current Thomson post. I've opened a thread in bike chat considering a replacement frame :?

Just taken XT rear mech and trigger shifter off my Ms Isle if its any use to you? (9 speed) as moved to 8 speed sram after trying a friends bike.

Attachments

• WP_000074.jpg
    WP_000074.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 801
Interesting topic!

Have a look at my build thread, Orange provided me with some Ms isle decals that look really smart!

I love my MsIsle, its mainly my commuter (7 miles a day) and its a right little whippet and manuals like nothing else!

Infact i went through a speed activated sign the other day, manualling at 38mph! Theres not many bikes id feel comfy doing that on!

My patriot got a pasting at Cwmcarn this weekend too! that was good test of its/my abilitys on the uplift!

Thanks for the offer but the current mech is doin ok for now.

Fitted a new set of bars and stem last weekend and this week have found them a vast improvement but not enough to save the frame so hopefully have something slightly bigger n slightly longer soon (and a build to go with it).

ChrisR":32btt469 said:
Thanks for the offer but the current mech is doin ok for now.

Fitted a new set of bars and stem last weekend and this week have found them a vast improvement but not enough to save the frame so hopefully have something slightly bigger n slightly longer soon (and a build to go with it).

Sucks its got to go...it's tough when you have one bike for everything. I wanted a medium Chameleon as a do it all bike as it would have been more fun on jumps and mucking about but was way too small for long rides, so had to settle for a large. A great bike and I wish I had never sold it.

Are you keeping the Orange of flogging it? Have you chosen a replacement yet?

The frame will be up for sale once the replacement is here and parts transferred.

Anyone interested in a black 16" MsIsle frame? (all as original currently).

Currently hankering for a Cotic BFe :oops: going for a medium (17.5") so will be big enough for long rides utilising a nice long post but chuck able enough for a bit of fun. :D

Good stuff. Heard good things about them.

Modern hardtail are pretty good because bike manufacturers have twigged that people want little bikes with proper top tubes. It works with Thompson posts too...long and super strong.

Yea that was my plan.

Thomson do a 410mm post.. So even with the minimum frame insertion cotic want (100mm) I should still have plenty of post for a decent riding position.

Looks like the MsIsle is staying for a while longer.

Had a few unexpected expenses recently (wife's car required a few bushes replacing when being checked at service).

So no new frame for now going to slog it out with the MsIsle and just get used to a slightly less xc riding position than I would ideally like.

The change in bars/stem has greatly improved matters though. I'll take a pic in a little while to keep the thread up to date.

Back