BOTM August: British Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
sinnerman":3dexqj4h said:
The are British Companies though, does it make a difference if they were Fabricated in the Far East....?

Not to how they ride :D Not sure on 'the rules' this month though!

sinnerman":3dexqj4h said:
Also we have no Pace, Roberts, Yates, etc....?

I though you were just taking a while while you decide which one to enter! :LOL:

nevadasmith":2srqkmwr said:
sinnerman":2srqkmwr said:
The are British Companies though, does it make a difference if they were Fabricated in the Far East....?

Not to how they ride :D Not sure on 'the rules' this month though!

I dont think it matters, I think the term used by the Op was Interpret as you will.

IIRC the Chinese built bikes got the boot from the Canadian made bike special month. There's a wealth of frames that were built in the UK to warrant making the contest exclusive.

FMJ":3745p6c2 said:
IIRC the Chinese built bikes got the boot from the Canadian made bike special month. There's a wealth of frames that were built in the UK to warrant making the contest exclusive.

Agreed,

But it is Exclusive or Not..

This month is a British special, frames, components, manufacturers etc interpret as you will!

is it or isnt it...???

Its still interpret as you will. I'd say Orange is as British as they come, Taiwanese or not*. We do seem to get pedantic over the rules but its a democratic process when it comes to the vote and hopefully how the voters interpret the brief is what wins if you get my drift. I'd even say a well equipped frame from another country could be entered within the guidelines, whether it would win or not is another question. Let the votes decide.

*were all (retro)Oranges built in Taiwan? I think the current full sussers are built in Halifax no?

kaiser":3owz8wiz said:
Its still interpret as you will. I'd say Orange is as British as they come, Taiwanese or not*. We do seem to get pedantic over the rules but its a democratic process when it comes to the vote and hopefully how the voters interpret the brief is what wins if you get my drift. I'd even say a well equipped frame from another country could be entered within the guidelines, whether it would win or not is another question. Let the votes decide.

*were all (retro)Oranges built in Taiwan? I think the current full sussers are built in Halifax no?

thats how i understood it from the outset.

And yes the full sussers are handbuilt here in the Uk.

Ta for making it clear kaiser.

kaiser":19g9czho said:

Kaiser thanks for clearing that up.

Re pedantic over the rules - you are right of course some month BOTM has disappeared up it's own ar$e - as FMJ says in previous months bikes that would meet this months spec would have been ruled out before the vote, which is the point I was raising - be it slightly tongue in cheek. Against that back drop loads of cool bikes may not have been entered due to uncertainty over being 'british' - all bikes entered to date fit the same interpretation......

Keep the entries coming. I'd personally like to see a cool frame from a foreign manufacturer bucking the trend and pulling off a load of nice UK components :cool:

nevadasmith":2zdxbu5l said:
I'd personally like to see a cool frame from a foreign manufacturer bucking the trend and pulling off a load of nice UK components :cool:

Me too, change the formula. It'd have to be rather special to pull it off though.

Can anyone think if any British manufacturers had a go at developing a suspension platform?

kaiser":km8csxcv said:
nevadasmith":km8csxcv said:
I'd personally like to see a cool frame from a foreign manufacturer bucking the trend and pulling off a load of nice UK components :cool:

Me too, change the formula. It'd have to be rather special to pull it off though.

Can anyone think if any British manufacturers had a go at developing a suspension platform?

Is that a trick Question..... :D

Formula. with a Chas Roberts rear end, Carbon front.

Didnt Deb Murrell ride one....? Or am i thinking Carbon front, steel rear and a linkage suspension fork...?

Did they do a version with rear suspension....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back