Rebuild has started on my Tommasini

Can you believe I found a similar frame in the garbage bin last week? Actually it was a Sintesi, an inferior model, but still made with Tommasini lugs and Columbus tubing.
The fact is that the Tommasini factory is in Grosseto, the little Tuscan town where I live, so it's very easy to get a frame (I remember paying 250 euros for a Columbus Foco tig welded frame in perfect cond., with carbon forks by Look and Campy record headset). Besides, no one wants lugged bikes anymore.
Whatever the reason might be, throwing Tommy frames away is a bit too much...

Sorry for the long time replying. Actually I posted very much with tongue in cheek! I wish I could find one in a bin!! You lucky person.

If one turned up at a very competitive price I suppose I could be interested? (but how would I get it from Italy?)

A few pics now it`s finished,

TommoRebuild025.jpg

TommoRebuild024.jpg

TommoRebuild023.jpg

TommoRebuild019-1.jpg

TommoRebuild020-1.jpg

TommoRebuild021-1.jpg

TommoRebuild022-1.jpg

TommoRebuild026.jpg

TommoRebuild033.jpg

tommo101.jpg

Tommo028.jpg

Oooohhhh..... beautiful!

I'll have to go and have a lie down..............

PS - get rid of the black wall tyres, try and get some amber wall ones, much more in period.

PS - get rid of the black wall tyres, try and get some amber wall ones, much more in period.[/quote]

Got black on mine - can't seem to find any amber walls at the moment.

Bike looks excellent mate :D :D

Thanks for the comments guys.
With regard to the tyres i have ordered some yellow and black Vittoria Open Corsa Evo KX`s

Plus its always sods law the day i finished it a Tommasini Pantographed stem pops up on ebay. I supposed it will never be finished it will just evole otn to the ultimate Tommasini (in my eyes) :D

Back