show us your Rocky Mountains!

I'll have a look at lunchtime when i'm home, its a 95 in "Fools Penny" with Ritchey rear drop outs and Ritchey bottom bracket housing, I could be wrong about where the 'E' is stamped but it definatly has an E stamped on it

I would expect a 95 Equipe to have a serial T950n nnnn, but it should also have alongside that say E185 (if it's a size 18.5).

nice day today so went for a spin :D

IMAG0216.jpg

Lovely Rocky's here, I would love to own one someday. However, all these bikes and not one of you has a Suzi Q. Shame on you! :LOL:

(This isnt mine by the way, shamelessly stolen from a Google search)

b4d9a201a0c9ed47c2cfa9162eef0b23.jpg

One was auctioned on Ebay.de a few months ago. Price sky rocketed. It's not my most favourite though, never saw the problem Rocky tried to solve with it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hamtaro145":1wc6j1ld said:
bought as a frameset, owned since new
Must have included the Judy DH? surely it can't be a coincidence that the colour match is so perfect!

So is it a 96 frame?

It is a '96. I think that was the only year they were made??

It came with the judy but i think thats only because thats how our distributor had it in the shop, there is no mention in the rocky catalogue that it came with forks and the syncros Ti seat post...thats the only thing that was in the country at the time that would fit so they gave it to me for half price!

hamtaro145":16sm95u3 said:
It is a '96. I think that was the only year they were made??
It came with the judy but i think thats only because thats how our distributor had it in the shop, there is no mention in the rocky catalogue that it came with forks and the syncros Ti seat post...thats the only thing that was in the country at the time that would fit so they gave it to me for half price!
A Syncros ti post for half price, happy days!

Did you spot this one? I think they were quite rare, so you won't often see one for sale. Nevertheless, I think he is being unrealistic in his asking price.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261079523306

What is it like to ride? Obviously URT lost out, and Rocky chose to prefer the Element design (to this day), but a lot of people say there isn't all that much difference, provided the shock setting is right. I've never tried a URT design, so I'd be interested to know.

Incidentally, I saw you you posted the serial number in another thread - that confirms it was made in the Rocky Mountain factory near Vancouver

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
that one on ebay is a minter and for that price if i had the money i would seriously look at it. here in new zealand the frame and fork were $4500 new zealand dollars back in '96...but if you wait long enough like a year the shop got sick of it hanging round and chucked it out the door for half price :LOL: then got into an argument with the importer for doing that!!

how does it ride...so hard to describe as its so different, you do have to remember its sole purpose in life was their DH frame. As a straight DH bike they sucked 120mm rear travel and designed for a max of 80mm front travel fork, next year they had the pipeline freeride bike and i think thats also when the element DH came along.

It is a truly fully active rear end, doesn't matter what you do its always doing its thing, traction in spades. rider would normally run out of puff or make some kind or error before it ran out of grip. lovely on single track and windy forest trails not so hot on high speed flat out straight stuff. the XS speed had its shock located for active all the time so it doesn't matter how you have the shock set it is always fully active in a DH kind of way.

URT vs anything else...can't say i have noticed any real difference between suspension systems from that era, you can feel the crank move if you hit something hard enough though. Being a designed DH frame (and where they located the shock) you have to pedal like a track rider real smooth, and pedal round not square.

Sorry i can't really describe how it rides....its something you have to own to learn how to ride it, but it is the funnest bike i have ever owned and is my favourite. prefer it over my raven 2 by a long margin. if your thinking of getting that one on ebay, I would and then put some older xt and race face parts on it...SWEET. but ditch the flat bars, always felt like it was going to chuck you over the front end going downhill with them no matter what rise stem i had, changed to risers and sweet as...very strange

Back