Prices - am I wrong / but I'm not wrong?

It's very difficult to quantify what old stuff is work. New stuff is easier, I bought something last night that I could just pop onto CRC's website and work out that even paying a fair lump of cash I was actually saving in the order of £50, more if bought elsewhere full price.To me that was worth it for something I really wanted.

Tazio":2apcugt7 said:
It's very difficult to quantify what old stuff is worth...

As has been mentioned elsewhere above, anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, be it ridiculously cheap or eye wateringly expensive...

...too many localised factors involved at any given time to make a definitive assessment.

We_are_Stevo":3rbxy9td said:
...too many localised factors involved at any given time to make a definitive assessment.

You mean like when you are finished building something and desperately needing something worth a fiver but are willing to pay a tenner?

Tazio":1snobc0s said:
We_are_Stevo":1snobc0s said:

You mean like when you are finished building something and desperately needing something worth a fiver but are willing to pay a tenner?

...or there's only one on the whole of eBay, and it's way overpriced but you have to have it; then six months down the line there's a glut of them, at half what you had to pay! :LOL:

We_are_Stevo":2ctyhxnw said:
...or there's only one on the whole of eBay, and it's way overpriced but you have to have it; then six months down the line there's a glut of them, at half what you had to pay! :LOL:
Glad that's not just me then :LOL: :shock:

What's really sad, for me anyway, is when really nice original old bikes get split up and sold as parts because the seller isn't realistic about the price of the bike 'as a whole'.

This pastime has become more about turning a profit than retaining the originality of the bikes, which is a shame.

Russell":2pofiuvw said:
What's really sad, for me anyway, is when really nice original old bikes get split up and sold as parts because the seller isn't realistic about the price of the bike 'as a whole'.

This pastime has become more about turning a profit than retaining the originality of the bikes, which is a shame.
Sing it brother.

I'm with you, there, whether or not it's a largely hopeless romanticism about nostalgia, or not, you have my vote.

Not a penny more on fuel tax, though, you hear?

Back