SLX rear mech issue

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
IMy pure 7 has been sitting built [or nearly ] and i needed to take off the rear wheel to change the rotor.
The bloody rear slx mech impedes it so much you cant take the wheel out without slackening off the frame mount or taking it off completely.
what a total crock of shit :evil: and a complete and utter pain in the arse :roll:

Bent hanger? I had what I thought was a bent rear mech a couple of weeks ago and it turned out that the hanger was out by about 2mm, it was enough to make it clip the spokes if I went to the big end of the cassette.

Tazio":3s4jycqm said:
Bent hanger? I had what I thought was a bent rear mech a couple of weeks ago and it turned out that the hanger was out by about 2mm, it was enough to make it clip the spokes if I went to the big end of the cassette.

No its nothing like that.More to do with the design of the bolt section of the mech itself.
Normally you would bend it[the mech]back against the spring and that would leave enough clearance between the top pulley of the mech and the smaller cogs of the cassette for the wheel to slide out.It now has a new style hanger bolt arrangement meaning the mech will no longer tilt far enough back for the cassette to pass.
The only way to get the wheel out is to totally undo the mech,slip the wheel in then bolt the mech back into place.
Totally bonkers :?

That said i will have the hanger checked when i get a chance.Cheers :cool:

Weird. I assume you have it shifted into the smallest gear (11t) when trying to remove the wheel.

Latest posts

Back