MacRetro National Innerleithen. Chat thread.

Taz - I've got a set of those one-side SPD, one-side normal pedals if you want a loan for the ride. let me know and I'll bring them along. M-324 if I remember correctly.

zigzag":1f87s4r5 said:
Taz - I've got a set of those one-side SPD, one-side normal pedals if you want a loan for the ride. let me know and I'll bring them along. M-324 if I remember correctly.

Thanks, I'm an oddball though and use Time Atac pedals as they are meant to be better for the knees.

I'll try and get a couple of good rides in before the event and decide how I'm feeling confidence wise. I haven't had any silly fall over incidents yet, which is just as well as I'm warming up to using them on my cycle to work through town!

In typical fashion my trek 9500 has let me down, one of the riveted on rear brake bosses has come loose which makes rear braking unsafe. This bike is slowly aproaching wall art status as its various hard life problems rise to the surface :roll:

So back to square one and I'll now go the hardtail route on my Claud Butler Spirit (not the pink one), a proper blue collar lump of steel with basic suntour sus forks. Crappy old bikes that no one bar me loves is after all more my style :LOL:

My modes of transport are conspiring against me. Electrical gremlins to try and sort with Microcar and one fork seal looks like its gone on my scooter. No funds to fix at this time :x

I might need a lift on the day :roll:

So is anyone thinking of staying over? I was hoping to have a bit of a day at Glentress on the Sunday.

I'll see if my botched rack is capable of taking 2 bikes Velo. You're on the way anyhow so no bother to pick you up. The rack claims to take 3 bikes but I'm not sure what weight it can take, as long as you don't have a pig iron special it should be OK :D

Back