1985 DiamondBack Apex

Black it is...

P1020684.JPG

I didn't try other combos, maybe I'll try some skin walls. It's not that tidy up close, but it is my new favourite bike. Got it together last night, intended to go round the block and ended up doing 8 miles it's such a joy to ride.
It's coming to MM, might even do a lap!

I'm jealous you have all the original parts.. I got mine w/ only the crankset, saddle and seat post

I ride my Apex all the time.. it's super stable, tho it's not so good with the turns at high speeds

one thing I noticed is your frame tubing sticker says Tange MTB while mine is Tange Infinity MTB.. i wonder if one was a mistake or if they upgraded the tubing at some point

P1010022.jpg

Hey, yours looks pretty nice too! Shame you don't have all the original parts, I guess the hardest to find would be the roller cam rear brakes and possibly the stem. I'm still searching for the original sealed bearing Suzue high flange hubs.

I don't think Tange made the Infinity tubing in 1985, I could be mistaken though...

Yeah, I wish mine had come with more original parts, but I'm not gonna bother tracking down anything. On my build everything is from the parts-bin, though I did have to pick up a ubrake from the bike shop.

One thing to watch out for: Those spokes in the holder on the chainstain can come loose.. I had one jam into the wheel while riding one time. It just bent and made a lot of noise, but just something to be aware of

as far as the tubing sticker, you can see I have a blue one. The tubing is light and the top tube makes a really musical "ting" sound when i tap it. I've often wondered if it was really Infinity because I've thought infinity was lower end.

Hey Easy_Rider is the 2nd number in your serial # a 6? Mine is a 5.. i'm starting to wonder if perhaps the 1985 model was spec'd with Tange Infinity MTB and the 1986 with Tange MTB

Back