Muddy Fox explorer 88 Electronic Project with vid

Oh my gosh i never new you could get so much satisfaction from restoring a classic bike. please click the link to see the progress and let me say it has been harsh to get to this point in the build.

How do i start well the wheels were trashed well thats how they looked but then i stripped all the spokes but never removed then from the hub so i could put them back exactly has they were in the rim but this allowed me to bring the stainless steel spoke back to life and get at the rims with autosol, i then built the wheels back up and washed them. the back cassette was the worse i have ever seen and two days in degreaser did nothing, so i got two chain whips and removed every cog and scrubbed them untill my fingers said no more.

the bars and stem were far to gone so i had them resprayed back to the original and the frame was a wonder to clean, it went from scrap to just about new with each tube getting an evening of t cut to bring it back.

next stage is the electronic chainset from that period which i can smell a row coming on with customs because it has been there for 5 days.

http://beechie.smugmug.com/Other/projec ... 75_gZg7Sm#
IMG0323-L.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0324-L.jpg.web.jpg

Now that cassette was a labour of love

IMG0303-L.jpg.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0319-L.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0297-L.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0298-L.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0293-L.jpg.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0294-L.jpg.jpg.web.jpg

thanks andy more to come

ohoooooooooo look at what has come for me ohooooooo.

IMG0341-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0342-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0343-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0344-XL.jpg.web.jpg

ohoooo now onto the build ohooooooo

A very happy andy

Now i'm on a roll. Setting this thing up was a chore, but it is one feat of engineering i must say. I cant wait to get this up the peak district.

IMG0346-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0347-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0348-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0350-XL.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0351-XL.jpg.web.jpg

Thanks andy

That's a spectacularly good job you're doing there. The Browning chainset is incredible - never seen one before :shock: Congratulations. :D

Back