Frame re-coating!

Boromedic

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi all, I live in Leicestershire and I'm currently stripping/cleaning and then rebuilding my old Orange P7. (thread link below ;-))

I'm wondering if you can point me in the direction of any great local bike shops (anywhere in the East Mids, I don't mind travelling!) not being from round here originally I only know of a couple. Also with that in mind, if I have to strip the lacquer off my old frame, can you recommend me somewhere that can do me a top notch re-lacquer job?

Cheers guys, once I'm up and running I'll have to join you on some of your Tuesday night runs!

Thanks again,

Al

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1622604#1622604

There are certainly more local people on here that will no doubt know some more places but personally I would 100% recommend Pedal Power in Loughborough which isn't too far away. Run by Glenn Coltman who's forgotten more about bikes than most folk know.

http://www.pedalpowerbikes.co.uk/

Nice one mate, thats one I had my eye on and I'm glad to have your recommendation, might give them a bell tomorrow.

Cheers like ;-)

im after the same thing, I'm up in Nottingham though. Have you asked how much it will cost? The website is not very helpful on this matter.

Hi mate, they don't do any painting but recommended Mercian Cycles in Derby, I rang but couldn't get an answer and I've not rung back as yet.

I've decided I'm gonna go down the powder coat route tbh, should be plenty of them near you, and it's a lot cheaper!!

Hope that helps anyway mate.

Cheers,

Al

mercian are too pricey for me. Was hoping someone had experience with just an engineering company who have done a good job for <50.

I've not tried them, but apparently John Whiteman (?) in Long Eaton are supposed to be decent, and do frames. Might be worth a call.

You could try Belmont metal finishing,they're near Wymeswold and do shotblasting for us at work,havn't been in there for a while but always used to be frames being painted in there.If you can't find them let me know and i will get a phone number from work on monday.

Latest posts

Back