The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally purchased this GT Karakoram (triple triangle) around 1994.

It cost around £800 new which I purchased from J E James cycles in Sheffield. For the first 10 or so years of its life it was stuck in my garage not being used. Then It was used for a couple of years before being covered up again until 2 years ago. Since then I have used it to commute to work (around 8 miles a day)

Its in pretty good nick and just needs 2 new tires and a good service. Everything on the bike is still original, even the tires :)

Wanting around £150 for it if anyone is interested.

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are blurred, rubbish iPhone camera.

Hi all i am sadly considering selling my gt rts1.

Its a bike i built up not long ago just from a frame set i bought from the usa.
It has had new decals/rear end has been re sprayed and then built back to how you see it in the photos below.

The spec is as follows,
gt rts1 frame with noleen rear shock
rock shox mag21 sl titanium forks
control tech seatpost/stem/bars
black chris king headset
mavic 231 rims/m900 xtr hubs/dt b/butted spokes
m900 xtr front and rear mechs and sti gear changers
black cook bros cranks
tioga titanium rear cassette
smoke/dart tyres
onza ti barends
pauls stoplite mc's canti's

026.jpg

025.jpg

021.jpg

019-1.jpg

Specialized Crossroads II tyres , skinwall, 26x1.5

Right, I have a pair (2) of Specialized Crossrads 2 tyres NOS, they are skinwall and 26 x 1.5 size.

What should I sell them for????

(pic to follow)

I'm seriously getting hardtail fever now, so am considering selling this to fund a build......

IMG_1334.jpg

Pretty good condition all round.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

A friend is having a clearout and wants to move on his old Kona Explosif frame. Naturally he wants a fair price for it and so has asked me to sell it on for him, so before it hit’s the classifieds what’s it worth for this 853 frame?

Frame size is 19” C-T, 16” C-C. Cosmetic condition isn’t fantastic as it had a couple of dings to the chain stays and a small dent in the down tube, the paint is chipped in many places. However it has had no cracks or repairs and I’m certain it will ride superb.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Looking for a value on some Hope bits.

I have a pair of brakes, they have a number 3 on the callipers. Look in OK condition but need a bleed or service, can't be sure. Best to list as spares or repair?

7765793928_b6fc819afb_b.jpg

7765798878_7ed771419d_b.jpg

I also have this unknown calliper. Again unsure of operational status.

7765803324_a928943feb_b.jpg

Hi right after a value on what its worth not what I gave as a few of you know that already.
IMG_00000045.jpg

IMG_00000046.jpg

IMG_00000047.jpg

IMG_00000048.jpg

IMG_00000049.jpg

If you could pm me as well as posting what you think this is worth Its a campag athena headset that would go with it. Cheers ta fanx

Paddy

Bit of a cheeky first post, but my LBS suggested this site to me on my last visit.

I have a 93 Kona Cinder Cone, 16" pretty much as original (even still has the A & B Drive tyres in excellent condition). Only changes are the bar ends (added them when purchased as I though t they were cool /doh) and I replaced the grips last year (with Kona grips) as the originals had finally perished.

(Pictures in the next post as I can't post images in my first!)

Ridden maybe a dozen times over the years, never in anger off road. A few minor scuffs all from storage not from use.

I'm a hardened roady and can't justify keeping this one any longer as it just doesn't get ridden and as my son is finally showing an interest in getting on a bike I need to clear some space for his steed, or n+1 for should I get the chance.

The question is though, is my old steel hardtail actually worth anything, and if so how much?

Be good

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back