I've finished my Claud Butler rebuild...(56k warning!)

Thanks for the encouragement guys...Dave O, no need, nasty modern (ish) clicky Shimanos ready to go on I'm afraid!

Some update pictures...

img4039gn9.jpg

img4040kj2.jpg

img4041ge6.jpg

img4043xw1.jpg

That front brake stirrup looks a bit to shallow, the blocks won't touch the rim. Methinks you need a deeper one!

Also, now I've seen the seat cluster a bit closer it isn't a full wrap over type, they are two separate stays. I'll try and scan an old Holdsworth ad which I think shows the full wrap style style quite clearly.

Old Ned":1trkh7u7 said:
That front brake stirrup looks a bit to shallow, the blocks won't touch the rim. Methinks you need a deeper one!

They're OK actually, it's the angle and the fact that as there's no cable they have moved out and up a bit. With the blocks at the bottom of the adjustment they're fine...just!

Pour legrandefromage, ici l'advertisement pour Claud Butler.

It shows the wrap-over seat stay design for their 'Torino' frame which seemed to be very similar to the Holdsworth 'Mistral'. Taken from March 1963 'Sporting Cyclist' magazine.

If only one could buy quality frames for less than 14 quid now!!

Attachments

• CB63.jpg
    CB63.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 5,237
not to hijack anyone's thread but this is what I have hanging in the garage:

Attachments

• DSC01164.JPG
    DSC01164.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,267
  • DSC01166.JPG
    DSC01166.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,267
That looks very interesting, definitely not a CB! At least, not in my humble opinion - but I have been known to be wrong!! Is it British? I could show the pics to some friends and see if they know. Could you e-mail them to me?

Sorry Iain C - we'll stop the hijacking now.

Back