Can you rack a Yeti? - Surly you can ;-)

legrandefromage":1gmnx9tw said:
I'd be careful with those brake levers - fully loaded bike tipping over will break them.

next mod on this FRO… weld on a drop down kickstand! ;)

RockiMtn":2robu3a1 said:
legrandefromage":2robu3a1 said:
I'd be careful with those brake levers - fully loaded bike tipping over will break them.

next mod on this FRO… weld on a drop down kickstand! ;)

hmm why weld when I just can drill a hole in the chainstay bridge and fit one of these :roll:

27-046_l.jpg

I'm a massive Yetifan have loved them since I first got into MTB's in the late 80's/early 90's. I personally applaud what you're doing as I think it is in the spirit of Yeti, doing things your own way and sod the masses!
mind you if you were gonna do that to a C-26 I and several others would come at you with an axe but there's enough FRO's about :D
Good luck with your trip, very jealous.

The Cleaner":3o7avy79 said:
I personally applaud what you're doing as I think it is in the spirit of Yeti, doing things your own way and sod the masses!
mind you if you were gonna do that to a C-26 I and several others would come at you with an axe but there's enough FRO's about :D

Good luck with your trip, very jealous.

Cleaner

I think you're bag on the money with all three statements,

The spirit of Yeti resulted from free thinkers rather than followers of trends/design

Messing with a C26 would be more than a step to far for anyone with a modicum of appreciation for Yeti history....

Yes what a trip ! who wouldn't want to do at least some if not all of it... even if you didn't have a FRO to ride

yeti-man":3d8a2p1z said:
hmm why weld when I just can drill a hole in the chainstay bridge and fit one of these :roll:

27-046_l.jpg

horrible onto mtb , but necessary for your project :)

great ......

sex with old lady :twisted:

The Cleaner":12fdkm10 said:
mind you if you were gonna do that to a C-26 I and several others would come at you with an axe...

If I ever get my clammy hands around a C-26 I'll make a rat style FRO out of it - just for the heck of it :)

I did a similar journey but on my motorbike 4 years ago,from Kristiansand in the south through to Oslo and then the E6 all the way to the arctic circle visitors centre where we turned back South and eventually headed west to the fjords,lovely scenery.You face some strong headwinds heading North but I guess you already know that,good luck with your trip.

yeti-man":3s7ynya2 said:

27-046_l.jpg

because the caliber of work you've done to it so far with the custom disc brake mounts and now the rack mounts makes it deserve more than just a bolt-on kickstand! ;)

Back