Flying Ants...

Then you are reading me wrong, my intention was not to poke fun at the poster, but explain perhaps others actions and most definitely mine as something a childish mind may do. Though my mind may wander, killing things is not an intentional thing to do and my rule is only intentionally kill if one is going to eat it and insects are not on my menu aside from the ones swallowed whilst out on the bike.

Insects are fascinating creatures and with our warming temperatures it is interesting to see what is becoming fairly common in our summers and even winters and it is said that by 2050 malaria will make a return to our country as the mossies that carry the virus are already here. Now I don't particularly like spiders, never have, but they are welcome in my place as long as they don't abseil from their lofty heights onto me whilst I sleep. But talking of spiders ever seen a camel spider and how fast they shift, the buggers will even take on venomous scorpions, a very brave arthropod and scary to many, annoying one of them with the ant treatments listed above, one best know what they are doing, pissed off solpugids get pissed off.

http://www.camelspiders.net/

if this were a conversation being carried out in a pub beer garden, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gotten as serious as this! me thinks people ponder too much on this.... :roll:

I agree, but this is the internet where things may be taken to new heights where we are not face to face, really storms in tea cups and mountains being made out of mole hills, but it is the fantasy land of the internet where all manner of stupidity may occur.

Flying ants are the females emerging from the nest to fly off and start new colonies. They normaly emerge on warm humid days as suggested because they need to dig a hole to start a new nest and the humidity makes the ground softer.

Don't understand why anyone would go out of their way to kill them, they'll be gone a couple of hours after emerging. Says a lot about that kind of person I guess.

silverclaws":36via9cu said:
B77":36via9cu said:
What a bunch of cruel people you lot are. Pretty sickening really.

Relax, stuff mentioned is in remembrance of cruel childhoods in most cases, as tell me you didn't do your bit in eradicating things smaller than yourself as a child. I remember primary school one summer, there was a craze for magnifying glasses as after dinner so many were outside in the afternoon sun playing death ray with the ants and singeing anything else dark including much of the school paint work.

They did good work on polyester trousies too. :twisted:
That whiff of burning plastic followed by the smell of burning flesh! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back