[Ridereport] Russia with a clasic bike, Vologda-Onega-Ladoga

Fantastic write up Ivo, an immense feat completing this as a race.
Thanks for sharing this, beautiful pictures.
Was your finish "out of time" or not?

Brilliant!

Sounds like an amazing ride and as mentioed above, an immense feat.
Thanks for taking the time to share its a really good read and inspiring as well.
Lovely photos as well.
Im sure if you keep writing of your travels then I wont be alone in keep reading about them.
All the best and happy trails
Jamie

Thanks again Ivo, great tale, and nice to hear the mental side of it. How you cope with boredom of featureless roads against old roads with villages.

Paul

paininthe":3c72vzro said:
Thanks again Ivo, great tale, and nice to hear the mental side of it. How you cope with boredom of featureless roads against old roads with villages.

Long distance riding is more mental then anything else. Once you've passed the 400k mark it's all a matter of mindset. And the scenery influences that.

Thank you so much for putting this together. I'm full of admiration and envy. Truly inspirational.

All best wishes.

Rob

A great report - well done and thanks for taking the trouble to write it all up.

Not much seems to have gone wrong with your bike... Is there anything you would have changed?

Rich34":zu4300hp said:
A great report - well done and thanks for taking the trouble to write it all up.

Not much seems to have gone wrong with your bike... Is there anything you would have changed?

Yes. The batterylights were more trouble as expected, especially the batterysuplies. Next time I'd use my SON dynohub (and did so during the Silkroad 1200).

Back