Sorted Swapping shifter units in M750 rapidfire units

m88arx

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi just wonderedif anybody done this i bought some m750 shifter pods on here and some brake /shifter combo M750 from ebay the guy assured me they worked ok from ebay that is but when i have got them on the bike they shift half way up then dont shift anymore. I have messed about and found if i push down on the lever this works but cant physically do that whislt riding the bike so seeing as theough the shifters i bought off here have very good clicks and just maybe thought i could swap them out

p.s i have been in touch with the guy about the shifters and he said would refund but am a bit sick of putting shifters on and off and thought well maybe i could swap em out

cheers marc

i will look for a pic also

pic of shifters and shifter brakes

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techd ... 728633.pdf

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techd ... 611918.pdfd

have you tried giving your existing ones a good soak in GT85 or what have you, then rinse and dry then relube? I've rescued a fair few Rapidfires this way

Hi ya mate got the pics by the way

Its like you can shift half way up then theres nothing as in the shifter moves up but doesnt move the derailleur like they have slipped but if you push down and then up on the lever they will move. Have you ever changed units out is there springs firing at you when you open them up

cheers marc

m88arx":xnekmc1h said:
Hi ya mate got the pics by the way

Its like you can shift half way up then theres nothing as in the shifter moves up but doesnt move the derailleur like they have slipped but if you push down and then up on the lever they will move. Have you ever changed units out is there springs firing at you when you open them up

cheers marc

cool

only ever refurbed them by taking all the easy stuff out (barrel adjusters, indicators etc.) then lubing as mentioned above. Yeah watch out for springs firing if you go any further than that!

Is the mech set up properly?

Yup had it running nice and smooth with the lx shiftters but I used to have the xt shifters I have now. I might be able to lift the bike in the stand today, I will try and do what you said would fork oil also work got lots of it and one can of wd40 left

Marc

Latest posts

Back