Single Speed Build - To restore or not to restore?

Psyclist

Dirt Disciple
I acquired this for free and am wondering if it's worth restoring? Not much info on it either, but I was told it could be a E.M replica by my bike shop friend.

Anyway. Is it worth restoring to originality?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pics:

p4pb8506513.jpg

p4pb8506514.jpg

p4pb8506515.jpg

p4pb8506516.jpg

p4pb8506518.jpg

p4pb8506518.jpg

p4pb8506519.jpg

p4pb8506521.jpg

p4pb8506522.jpg

p4pb8506523.jpg

No it's a cheap supermarket job. Would be worth £100'ish max in great condition. I'd single speed or convert to fixed in the style of the original if I was to do anything at all.

Cheers Tel, thought it was too good to be true ;) Not bad for free though.

I'll get it single speed'd and keep it as a commuter.

Falcon built Eddy Mercx bikes back in the 70's at their South Humberside site and a Google search will show what they look like.

Eddy Mercx also sold his name to other countries.....

Don't recognise that though ..

Shaun

Cheers everybody for the feedback.

Also, will 700c wheels fit, and will the brakeset need changing if 700c do fit?

Thanks.

If they're not 700c already then you will never get a brake with a long enough drop to fit 'em!

Damn :? They're 27" at the moment.

Do you know how I can put a single cog on the rear wheel, to make it single speed? (not fixed)
I'm getting a new wheelset from bike shop but will go 27" now, but all 27" wheels are freewheel - are there any single speed kits or something I can use?

EDIT:

Would the below cog work? And would I need anything else to put on it to make it stay? Or spacers?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7805

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks again for the info Tel, and I agree, the price is quite high.

I'll get one off the bay and will go from there.

Alex.

Latest posts

Back