Centurion Elevator

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi Fellows!

This is my Centurion Elevator. It is a e-stay frame powdercoated in fluoricent green for the frame and purple for the forks. The pics do not really show the real collours :(

This frame originally came with XC Ltd and XC Pro components. The hubs and BB were XC Pro (with Grease Guard of course).

For the pics I put the fluo yellow Atac and the purple parts on and the whole setup looks very 'early nineties' :cool:

202089191_dda8c24cf1_b.jpg

202089195_bc8632a8f0_b.jpg

I think I let this one go. I need some space.

I am currently busy with the restoration of a blue TrailRunner Carbolite frameset. I will do it with a lot care and of course a lot love. The frame is said to have been of a priest who used it for riding around in Amsterdam and going to curch. I do not think the frame had to stand a lot abuse, but the paint was seriously hurt by a lock (a necessary piece in A'dam). The bike (full XTR) was traded in on a Litespeed with Rohloff.

I hope to take delivery of a very early S-Works M2 soon.

- Melvin

Yet another..... :D

What's the story with centurion? Not a brand I'm aware of. Any tie in with haro ?

Hi John,

They are German.... and that is about what I know. Okay and I also remember they had a FS model in there line up that was in fact a relabeled Mountain Cycle San Andreas.

This page from the 1993 Centurion catalogue shows the Elevator for that year:

1993CenturionElevator.jpg

I like mine a tiny bit more with its fluoricent collour and the straight blade fork.

Full catalogue on the great source www.mtb-kataloge.de

a belgium from the french forum has one :

[urlhttp://www.sk1design-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=30742&highlight=#30742] here [/url]

cchris2lou":1f7xstuk said:
a belgium from the french forum has one :

here

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the lead! I copy/paste the pics overhere:

Centurion2.JPG

Centurion1.jpg

Centurion3.JPG

So this is how a built one looks. Actually I will never reach that stage as the frame is already destinied to get a new home :cry: ...but I am sure they will take good care of it there. Good people.

- Melvin

Centurion is still in business btw and I went to their website. This is their top of the line model:

Centurion.jpg

I think a good bike, but of course not as good as the Elevator.

Centurion website: www.centurion.de

looks like meridas .

Fred the owner of the centurion has a lovely Klein as well.

Latest posts

Back