New project...2005 GT Brian Lopes 4X frame

ryan_is":azzjfysp said:
Looking forward to seeing this. Seeing Lopes racing on a Lefty fork always made me wince when they were new tech.

What was the original spec of fork on the GT?

I think these were frame only, but would have thought that they see based around a 100mm fork. Would quite like a pair of Marzocchi 4x if I can find some at the right price!

Oooh nice :cool: - always fancied one of those. Reckon an older pair of Fox Vanillas would suit it a treat (the ones with the travel internally adjustable between 100 and 130mm with addition/removal of a spacer).

mamadirt":hy8ty1nl said:
Oooh nice :cool: - always fancied one of those. Reckon an older pair of Fox Vanillas would suit it a treat (the ones with the travel internally adjustable between 100 and 130mm with addition/removal of a spacer).

Cheers. I've always liked these too, but just never got round to buying one until now.

I'd really like a set of early Vandals.for it, it's just hard finding a pair that aren't dead due to worn stanchions or hideously over priced. Even at the full 130mm they'll be a lot shorter than my Z1's.

It's supposed to be arriving tomorrow...

Delihustler - I don't suppose you remember what size post they need so you? This is coming with a skanky Truvativ one and as I'm a snob....I need a new one!

Not a happy bunny...yet again the frame hasn't arrived. He promised it would be here yesterday. This is officially the last time I ever buy anything from Pink Bike because its populated by jokers.

Its frustrating because I have a box of parts that need a home! Have bought a Crank Bros headset this week despite their suspect reputation because the price from CRC was good and they have a mega low stack height and a low rise Answer bar. This bar will get cut down though as 780mm is a bit wide for a small bike.

Will get some pics up if it ever arrives!

Mindmap3":412sgt8b said:
Delihustler - I don't suppose you remember what size post they need so you? This is coming with a skanky Truvativ one and as I'm a snob....I need a new one!
I think it's a 30.9, I would go and look but had an off today and can barely move my left leg.
I hope it turns up very soon

Cheers mate. If that's true, then I have a couple of spare Race Face posts.

He sent it on Friday, via next day City Link but they don't deliver on weekends. Doh. So should be here tomorrow. As soon as my new headset and bars arrive, it'll get built straight away.

delihustler":2vxgcyd4 said:
Has it turned up yet?

Should be here today...according to the tracking info of was loaded onto a van at half eight this morning. Hopefully they'll leave it with a neighbour as I'm at work. If he'd posted it when he said he would (i.e two weeks ago) I'd have been off work and at home to take delivery.

Fingers crossed.

Back