Rocky Mountain "Syncros" Expérience (COMPLETED)

Rob Atkin":1ehgsh9o said:
RockiMtn":1ehgsh9o said:
Rob Atkin":1ehgsh9o said:
Needs skinwalls I'm afraid...

You'll love it when you ride it!

what does skin walls have to do with the ride? :? :LOL:

Nothing - didn't say it would! ;-)

ah, i see! :LOL: no, unfortunately no skin walls. you do remember my comment about not following any sort of advice along the lines of what i may have given you on your "period correct/oem spec" build, right? ;)

there will be thumbies to quiet down some of the "authentic" RB crowd out there. ;) …i hope. :oops:

wasn't expecting to give another update so soon, but hot out of the mail box (literally as it's been so hot here for the past month or two :p) and fresh onto the bike for a fitting. :D these are so SEXY!!! :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 836
classen":2nr820g0 said:
RockiMtn":2nr820g0 said:
these are so SEXY!!! :shock:

... but they are vees. :shock: Don't do it. This bike deserves some cantis.

but Scott, you're not denying they are indeed SEXY! :LOL:

the only SEXY canti I have are ControlTech, and they are already gracing my Mongoose Amplifier, and have no intention of moving over. :( what would you suggest?

and this isn't even remotely close to a period correct build given the wheelset and cranks. :p

You get a thumbs up from me.
My latest project bike is Rek-Tek show bike. Nice mixed of retro and newer parts.

Looking good Frank. I think those V's really suit the frame (even if they're not period correct) :cool:

I like it too. The funny thing with all these 'brochure' bikes is that back in the day, many of us just bought frames and changed components over the years anyway. You were a bit of a saddo if you rode a high end bike that was to factory spec. You just didn't break anything by riding around in circles at a race car park while flicking through your Filofax :LOL:

walleater":neyjoxoe said:
I like it too. The funny thing with all these 'brochure' bikes is that back in the day, many of us just bought frames and changed components over the years anyway. You were a bit of a saddo if you rode a high end bike that was to factory spec. You just didn't break anything by riding around in circles at a race car park while flicking through your Filofax :LOL:

That's how I feel. For instance my Cirrus, I've owned it since 92 and having built it up in 95, I selected from what was best for the build in that year, as opposed to what was available in 92, or what it was spec'd with in the catalogue. And even in the last few years of joining RB, I've changed so much on it to what I couldn't afford back then, or didn't even know existed.

Corduroyboy":neyjoxoe said:
Black XT M734 on the rear, silver XT M734 on the front. ;)

Sorry, not special enough to trump the Arch Supreme I'm afraid! :twisted:

so in keeping with the Vs, needed to lose the stem with noodle. luckily i had one sitting around on a unfinished Blizzard build. :roll:

plan was to pair the Avid SD Ultimate L levers I currently have on the Amplifier with the Arch Supremes. but fiddling with the notion that the Alteks I have would go quite nicely as they are as sexy and industrial looking as the brakes.

:? decisions, decisions…

Attachments

• IMG_3175.JPG
    IMG_3175.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_3172.JPG
    IMG_3172.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_3179.JPG
    IMG_3179.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_3170.JPG