Sky Rides, Anyone Doing/Done One?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Spotted a bunch heading to JOG disembarking the Cromarty-Nigg ferry, great to see a campaign like this getting folks out on their bikes.

Anyone from here? Loved the ACDC top.

I love ACDC.

I think Ride On would be more fitting though. :)

Attachments

• Nigg.JPG
    Nigg.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 313
I have done the Birmingham Skyride since it started a few years back in Birmingham. Would highly recomend it to anyone and it is a really good day our for the family with a nice carnival atmosphere, with food, music and freebies

Car free streets and hundreds of cyclists what is there not to like really

here is me and my boys at the last one and the Muirwoods getting a rare day out too

Attachments

• 269488_10150710897645721_2941209_n.jpg
    269488_10150710897645721_2941209_n.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 290
I'm a Skyride Local Leader. It was run by Sky/British cycling, a free course.
We lead rides in the local area for all ability levels. I also did the course to plan the routes that are advertised on the site.

The site is http://www.goskyride.com

The uptake has been quiet in our area, but it's the first year. When we get a good group it's been fun, my next led ride is on Sunday, a 20 mile ride on country roads. We ride slower than a club pace and always keep the group together, as fast as the slowest rider.

The Skyride city rides are fun too, we've done Bath this year and combined it with a weekend away for the Jubilee. The Blackpool one was great but their own council are running one this year instead of Skyride.

Fantastic to read. It is this kind of thing, every bit as much as Hoy, Wiggins, Trott and Reade, that lead me to believe British cycling is on an unstoppable incline.

Can't wait to get back on a bike.

Back