Surly Moonlander

clunker":6ubus8jx said:
Cool video, what a ride and seeing the red arrows too :cool:

We almost missed them, spent a bit too too long on the coast, got to the view point and they were just arriving over the horizon!

Was a day dodging showers but the heat, views and riding made it fantastic.

Ain't rode the fatty since Saturdays Scottish coast ride, backs been sore from a work injury so only been on hybrid when I can.

Bought some new grips for the hybrid this week, Ergon GC2, very impressed so bought a similar set but without the mini barends, and opted for cork rather than rubber for the moonlander.

Should be handy for the 60 mile coastal charity ride in a few weeks.

c372eae7.jpg

06a33506.jpg

85829f3f.jpg

after a weeks rest i took the fatbike out for a small ride this week (been suffering from a bad back) only for the rear hub to come loose again....for the umpteenth time in 6 months.

cup and cone XT on a fatbike isnt good....so rather than set it up again, its booked in for a new hope rear hub and wheel rebuild (in red of course) so it should solve the rear hub issue for good, sealed bearings are the way to go with these bikes.

in the mean time....watch this small movie from my pal jason....enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... XcRfhcScKQ

whats the fittment like on these? i'm really itching to pull the trigger on one of these or a pugsley quite soon. I have an inheritance coming and it seems like a good way to spend it.

i reckon the moonlander may be a little much for my riding, but the pugs looks like just the ticket.

saltyman":403wvy6n said:
It's classed as a 20" but the BB to centre of TT is actually 18"

Cheers. My monkey is a 20 and love the sizing of it. Thought yours fitted quite well on my 2 minute shot, but wasn't sure as I was too busy noticing the tyres. :LOL:

gavinda":1g21hj93 said:
whats the fittment like on these? i'm really itching to pull the trigger on one of these or a pugsley quite soon. I have an inheritance coming and it seems like a good way to spend it.

i reckon the moonlander may be a little much for my riding, but the pugs looks like just the ticket.

A good value inbetween is the necro mancer (all black) pugs.

I use the moony for everything, in some places the pug is ideal, others the moony is....the upgraded necro is bang in the middle.

Wider rims, better gearing, moonlander fork etc.

Back