1964 Witcomb

Might be a bit late for this hint, but when rebuilding on a re-painted frame I cover the main tubes with pipe lagging, held in place by masking tape.

I only remove them when needed, and if possible put them back afterwards.

parcel paper is useful for the smaller tubes (seat/chain stays etc), again taped on with masking tape.

Been mad busy with work moving premises recently but got a week off coming up (just after Manchester velodrome jumble), so will hopefully be bolting it all back together very soon and will update. Thanks for the interest and tips.

Quick update

Quick update: Managed to get it together although will need tweaks, stays trimming, pedals fitting etc. Some more poor indoor cameraphone pics, as soon as we get some decent weather will try and snag some decent ones.
The cotton bar tape was gummy and seemed a little pale, so twine wrapped the end and gave it a coat of amber shellac, now matches mudguard a little better and although shiny has a rough, grippy texture.

Attachments

• Wit1.jpg
    Wit1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 684
  • Wit2.jpg
    Wit2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 684
  • Wit3.jpg
    Wit3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 684
Gorgeous, I love the slender rake on those beautifully formed fork... knocks spots off the modern rubbish everywhere.

Back