Anyone found the olympic's getting cyclists greater respect?

gtRTSdh":1qg0ixei said:
BMW X3 = times three bigger idiot
BMW X5 = times five bigger idiot
BMW X6 = times six bigger idiot

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Love this!

Thought I was imagining the extra number of bikes on the road, glad it's a real phenomena, can only be a good thing :)

But as I drive 61'6" (18.75m) long 44 tonners, less of the big idiot cheek! :p :LOL:

gtRTSdh":17ilpgz0 said:
**** it, I take it all back, some middle aged ball bag in a merc van nearly knocked me off last night, luckily there was a turn left lane for me to get into instead of being crushed. . . His number plate was WN52 SNU. He wasn't quite so bold when I was face to face with him as I caught up when he was stuck in a queue at the next roundabout.. . .

Report him and keep doing so every time you encounter him.

elPedro666":z37jyj85 said:
gtRTSdh":z37jyj85 said:
BMW X3 = times three bigger idiot
BMW X5 = times five bigger idiot
BMW X6 = times six bigger idiot

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Love this!

Thought I was imagining the extra number of bikes on the road, glad it's a real phenomena, can only be a good thing :)

But as I drive 61'6" (18.75m) long 44 tonners, less of the big idiot cheek! :p :LOL:

44T driver = 44 times bigger idiot.

Look I can understand you taking out an entire peleton under your trailer without noticing, but when you're stopped at the lights with a van behind and twenty seconds later I'm banging on the side of it, I kind of take it personally!

cyfa2809":2yfk3nil said:
gtRTSdh":2yfk3nil said:
**** it, I take it all back, some middle aged ball bag in a merc van nearly knocked me off last night, luckily there was a turn left lane for me to get into instead of being crushed. . . His number plate was WN52 SNU. He wasn't quite so bold when I was face to face with him as I caught up when he was stuck in a queue at the next roundabout.. . .

Report him and keep doing so every time you encounter him.

Depends what happened when he caught up at the roundabout.... :twisted:

I had white van man chuck a coke bottle at me (and at a guy coming the other way) along the seafront last night so I guess the Olympics hasn't inspired everyone. :x

I got my own back when he had to stop for the lights though.......panel vans are quite percussive when you punch them........... :)

There was a bus in Liverpool that had 3 foot snapped dents down the side for many years, after it turned left on me while it was in the right hand lane.

That shocked the passengers, but rang like a tympany drum.... BOOM BOOM BOOM :LOL:

G

Just a funny one for you, both me and my brother in law cover over 200 miles a week by bike so see pretty much everything regular. In the town he lives in its quite common to have things thrown at you in the early hours like kebabs and coke bottle. This happend a few times, then one night he saw a car parked up he thought he recognised but not dead sure so rode on. Few mins later hears a car approaching slowly but is prepared, they threw a bottle at him, he launched his d lock and took out the tailgate window. Best 30 quid he ever wasted

Back