i had

speed is my evil mistress

ba57ards":30jizxod said:
ah thats ok then

remember bitd hope done me some custom ones with words in for my bike

i had

speed is my evil mistress

I like!

I etched Nathb Solutions LTD on the side of mine, along with the size and rotor direction. However I can't get them to show up on my phone camera.

the words were the cooling holes think i could have x amount as it had to still work ?

remember hope sent loads out to bike shops with hope autherised dealer in them as a shop display but the discs were huge like 20 inches accross

ba57ards":p04r41mn said:
ok stupid question time u using the discs on the c2 brakes or the m4 brakes ?

cos m4 the 4 pot caliper ones use different discs than c2 discs ?

should be this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hope-disc-mon ... 4aba96d892

Ive been using the original C2 5 bolt rotors for-
C2
Mono mini
Tech X2
Shimano Saint

May not be right but it works without any differences i can see :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hope are no longer carrying model-specific rotors. They just have a "legacy"-type universal rotor for anything older than monos.

Redesigned them earlier, beefed them up a little bit for those who like DH.

I've pushed my luck this week with the guys making them, so may be a week or two before I can get a few printed off. I'll also design some better looking ones for modern brakes.

However I finally got to test my discs out.

28.6mph to a dead stop = discs worked perfectly!!

Not happy with the 185mm on my front as it's not biting properly, but the 201mm disc is being cut today.

Only issue I've found so far is normal discs are cut from 1.9mm stainless, mine are cut from 2.0mm. As I'm using new pads it's rubbing a tiny bit, but I should imagine it will stop in a few more miles.

The bite on the front is confirmed, I need a bigger disc than 185mm.
WP_000264.jpg

The rear is almost perfect, but need to make the braking surface a little deeper (as mentioned earlier, its been made deeper on the new designs).
WP_000263.jpg

Mine aren't right either, 160 tektro rotor with c2
7fe0b254.jpg

Definately needs a 165 the bites all wrong too. The 185 no name rotor on the front is bang on. (looks the same pattern as the tektro)

Final edition discs:
WP_000269.jpg

I'm running the 201mm Front and 185mm Rear.

How they look fitted:
WP_000271.jpg

WP_000270.jpg

Now to get them dirty :twisted:

Back