Can you rack a Yeti? - Surly you can ;-)

yeti -man, that is an awesome rig!

if I might ask - when and where is your planned route? I am also planning for one myself (bike packing trip) next year...

Zzxxyy":cuvwbd5u said:
yeti -man, that is an awesome rig!

if I might ask - when and where is your planned route? I am also planning for one myself (bike packing trip) next year...

Hi thanks for asking... and yes its going to be a cool looking disc Yak. The planned rout is pt. Slettnes lighthouse to Lindesnes Lighthouse - Norway from north to south the long hard way (most people take the short route from Nordkapp to Lindesnes by ferrys, bus and train on the challenging plases. I am planning to go the full distance). I might divert and do a route outside by the cost of Tromso, Vesteraalen, Lofoten and parts of Nordland.

This is the mapped route pt ~3300km:
278156_236065949847727_2146424885_o.jpg

I'd go a Bob trailer over racks myself. If there are any places where you'll make camp for a few days and ride some single track its they are a great option.

legrandefromage":pw32lr8e said:
I'd be careful with those brake levers - fully loaded bike tipping over will break them.

Yes that issue have I thought about also. Dont want to sit there in the middle of nowere with oil leaking and no brakes. Think I will go mechanical disc brakes and dirt drop bars or drop bras handles or discompe ss-5 and flat bars

that looks very cool! as said before, please keep us posted on the trip :D

Look at most tourers and very few will have discs but as you've shown with your carrying ability, it's a personal choice. Looks a nice trip though and if there is a lot of snow/rough terrain I'd rather buy a pugsley which will have loads of mounts for your racks.

Back