Sorted Judy XLC topping out need some advice what to do

Morning mate a dont think a can get it back out bud but, at the top where the black stopper is there a minute screw which you can unscrew to pour in the oil ;) . Gonna go for oil shortly the place opens at ten

Cheers
Marc

P.S A bloody sleep walk and walked into the cupboard last night and half put me shoulder out lol

ouch........

yes was gonna say before you pulled it all out, there should be a grub /allen screwto remove and pour oill in, hence the syringe i mentioned earlier.

Been thinking about that clunk...........looks like the only top out bumber your have is the rubber thing that looks like a dogs nose..........perhaps it was in the right way before, but it strikes me the 'it' has to be the 1st thing that gets hit when the inner legs return upwards and the rod inside the fork is pulling way in the other direction....and seating above the c-clip and washer

When you put it back together or if you can see how it was to me the'dogs nose' should be lower than the black splined plastic thing...if they were together...........perhaps they are the wrong way round and hard plastic is getting slapped 1st instead of soft rubber.

a closer look makes it look like a 'cup and ball' so the rubber does't deform too much , so is pushed in the black slined cup (not a spring holder after all)...........i'd just reverse the two if poss so the rubber gets 1st contact instead on the hard plactic...........does this make sence for you looking at it in person ?

maybe stick a very thin supporting washer under ther rubber thing maybe not ??

Nope not really looking at the diagram on the 98 it looks like am only missing 2 wave washers the bottom bump out is optional and since i only got about 30-40 cc of oil out of both sides of the fork cold that not be also the reason for topping out dunno. well am going up to get oil now as the shop was closed for half day this morning for some repairs or something

Marc

I think diffyear forks had diff internal sets up, but good luck this sarvo................if the rebound cart was empty and you had no damping that would make it clunk back quicker ?!

all i could find was oil quantity from same fork but diff year so might be quite diff, best of luck :D

Got oil if a can take a video i will but not be very good one but hey cuppa first and off we go

Cheers mate

are fig.10 shows that bumper up the way i thought it shoud be, just a washer missing ?

as for the pdf well done for finding the 1st one i couldn't.i'd just follow recomended oil for each leg for the year that they are internally, can't do anything else really ..

ok there back together again although well put me sholuder out

first time put them back as is felt alot better but still topping out

second time took them all apart again and fitted two washer above and below the other two washers above the top out bumper seems better not making like a bang on the way up since a done me shoulder cant take vid tonight but will do tomorrow

Just want to thank you again for helping me mate

Marc

Back