SKS Track Pump Washer?

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
does anyone know where i can get a replacement for this ancient track pump of mine or even, as my old cycling buddy suggested, a locking lever for it?

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

craig

your LBS should have a little drawer filled with assorted washers etc, but you can also get a new complete locking head from RJ Chicken. I did a year or so ago for the exact same pump.

American Friend":1xb8muvr said:
your LBS should have a little drawer filled with assorted washers etc, but you can also get a new complete locking head from RJ Chicken. I did a year or so ago for the exact same pump.

it's a peculiar washer if i remember rightly - side on it looks like a "T" shape with the top of the T being where you plug it on to the valve and is the entire depth of the brass outer case that holds it.

hmm...

It's a standard SKS presta washer. Used on thousands of pumps.

If you want a new locking head, you can get it directly from RJ Chicken, the SKS distributor in the UK. The SKS locking head is also a standard part for SKS floor pumps. It comes with the hose and screws into the base of the pump.

I have the same pump and converted the head a year or two ago, but you can also find the washer for the old brass head in an old-fashioned UK bike shop.

edit: if north ayreshire doesn't have any bike shops, you can also get the washer through the post from, for example:
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sks-3213-pp4 ... prod16292/

thanks for your help - i found one on ebay of all places!! hopefully i'll be able to reach the dizzy pressures of 120psi+ without losing my hearing when
the pump blows off the valve!!

craig :shock:

The washer on the locking head will probably last longer, but replacing the original washer is a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• DSC02090-001.JPG
    DSC02090-001.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 364
Back