Hope C2 hose choice

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Does the size of the hose matter and would changing to a 5mm one cause any changes :?
Does it increase the force any?

Discussion needed :D

The inner diameter is the same isnt it? (if so = no change).
And even if it was bigger or smaller i think it depends on the master cylinder and how much fluid it moves, i.e it will still only move the same amount.
:?:

I need the 6mm hose for a frame that has eyelets machined for the bigger size, the smaller 5mm hose doesn't fit snug in the holes and slops about!
Does anyone have a lead as to where to source the 6mm hose?

Actually i would have thought just the fact youve reduced the bore by a 1mm would increase the pressure :?

5mm hose is stiffer - that's why they changed to it.

I've run Minis and DH4s with both and they work fine.

Slightly less spongey feel with 5mm - to the extent that I sent the last of my spare 6mm hose to the chap who bought my M4s last week, I won't be using it again - as I'm not that much of a purist. Only running it on my RC200 with C2s to keep it original but performance is not the same as with 5mm.

suburbanreuben":1jz7jgrk said:
dyna-ti":1jz7jgrk said:
Actually i would have thought just the fact youve reduced the bore by a 1mm would increase the pressure :?
No... Same fluid in = same fluid out.

Indeed but to increase the pressure of any liquid passing through a tube is you decrease the inner diameter.
plus you increase the speed of passage :?

Back