Who wants "Campy" removed from this forum?

Who wants the word "Campy" removed from this forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ian Raleigh":1a31y2wr said:
Someone is selling a bike on ebay and the stuff has Compognolo fitted :?

Good grief, don't get me started on that, my local second hand site has people who manage to spell Campagnolo every way except the correct one - Compognolo, Compognola, Campangola, Campragnollo...

Worse, people even manage to spell Shimano wrong - Schimano, for example.

I know it's very silly to care about such things, but the names are written on the components - how hard can it be to get them right?

Johnsqual":14xa0h7k said:
Good grief, don't get me started on that,

I know it's very silly to care about such things, but the names are written on the components - how hard can it be to get them right?

I know what you mean though years ago when i was young and not in the 'know'
i used to think Campagnolo used to be spelt like this....Eampagnoloy !!

The name Cinelli has many British people up in arms too! I like to say Sinelli but its pronaunced Chinelli :LOL:

one-eyed_jim":35yhoymx said:
Who'd have thought a list of ten vaguely worded and difficult-to-apply-in-practice commandments would cause so many problems?
At a very lavish wedding reception in Paris a year or two ago I got involved in a lengthy, heated, and drunken argument with a couple of delightful Jewish girls from New York about the precise meaning of "thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's ass".

True.
To an American our interpretation of that would be "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours fanny"
Phwawawawaw.
Easy to see why there are so many wars in the world.

Just out of curiosity when did "Campag" become "Campy" ? Certainly in the 70's it was Campag.

Mind you this is someone who thinks the winner of the 78 milk race rode a "Chiocc" LOL

Never knew it was pronounced "Church"

Shaun

Midlife":1geqp0jr said:
Just out of curiosity when did "Campag" become "Campy" ?
Shaun
I hear that slang of ''Got Any Campy Mate'' regularly at bike jumbles and even some old folk say it :?

sort of agree but what happens if we want to discuss matters like Julian Clary or any Carry On Film?....it's a very important adjective :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Agreed with Johnsqual---I'd rather have "Campy" than all the ways people butcher Campagnolo.

Campanyola. Campanolo. Canpangollo. etc etc

Back