Return Of The Eldridge.. It Ain't Boutique & It Ain't Shiny

Update :!:

Stripped the Eldridge down today to just the frame and gave it a good kleen. The Zolatone is in good nick considering it's 22 years old. There are a few blemishes here and there but there is barely any rust coming through and luckily zero paint chip. The fork, stem and bars are totally chip and scratch free :D, but there is a little fade to pinky/redness :(. I pulled the headset and bottom bracket apart and cleaned, re-greased and resembled so they're nice n' smoooooth and the components had the full Gunk treatment. I also stripped the crank and rebuilt.

DSCN2302.jpg

DSCN2300.jpg

Put it back together with new chain, cables and foamies, also added a nice pair of XT shifters and new saddle I had knocking about. The original tyres were shot so I've put a new pair of Panaracers on and here's where we're at :cool:.

DSCN2311.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2315.jpg

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2310.jpg

DSCN2307.jpg

DSCN2308.jpg

More updates to come, thanks for looking :)

GT-Steve":33zw6azb said:
Shame the original tyres hadn't stood the test of time tho... :(

I was a disappointed too but the side walls were like crusty bread, they literally crumbled when I took them off the rims :shock:

Now that is a lovely bike!

Loving the Renault 5 turbo as well. Don't see many about anymore, probably all blown up lol

I've been fighting a bastard lurge over the last couple of daze and today was my rest day so plan was to collapse on the settee and watch films. I mustered up enough energy this morning to nip out and take pics of another bike and by about 5pm I'd had enough of sitting around feeling like shite so I pumped myself full of remedy and took my newly finished Eldridge out :cool:

Wow I'm so glad I did!! I LOVE THIS BIKE!! It rides so so well and the old LX groupo is totally on the button (with the XT shifter upgrade). I wasn't sure quite what to expect in terms of handling but after a quick 14 mile blast I was left very impressed. Unfortunately I think the headset is on it's way out so that will need replacing soon but other than that there's no more to do on this one except for ride and enjoy :D

NB: I've carefully peeled the headtube decal off as it was looking a bit ropey; plan is to apply some new adhesive and stick it back on.

DSCN2508.jpg

DSCN2490.jpg

DSCN2492.jpg

DSCN2498.jpg

DSCN2496.jpg

DSCN2495.jpg

DSCN2494.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

DSCN2504.jpg

DSCN2507.jpg

DSCN2505.jpg

DSCN2501.jpg

Frame: Tange Cro-Mo Butted Oversized
Fork: Tange

Headset: Marin OEM
Stem: Marin
Handlebar: Marin
Grips: GT Steve donation
Barplugs: Onza

Brakes: M502
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: One's that racerx is selling ;)
Brake Levers: Shimano XT
Shifters: Shimano XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX M550
Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX M550
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: HG70
Chain: HG70
Cranks: Shimano LX M550
Crank Bolts: OEM
Chainrings: SG
Chainring bolts: OEM
Bottom Bracket: Shimano LX