Hope C2's - Confused

ba57ards":2fw93l0h said:
ok not to sound stupid why are u cnc some discs when u jus need to get some hope c2 disc in 165 for the hope c2 caliper ?

the reason ur avids were wearin is cos there too small for the pad thats why there is wear

ive got 6 sets of c2 atm and spares everywhere

gfs bike STS1 is gettin built up with f/r hope c2 brakes and shes running no 3 caliper rear 165mm disc and no 5 caliper disc front 165 mm

if u wanted the larger disc at the front its a 185 mm disc and a no 3 caliper

jus checked my sts dh which runs 165 rear (no 3 caliper ) and front 185 caliper (no 3 caliper )

my jump bike jus a 165 at rear ( no 3 caliper )

sts 1 current build 165 front (no5 caliper ) rear 165 (no3 caliper )

tony

Thanks!

I'm not sure what's occurring here then.

This is a 160mm C2 style disc I bought from that auction site:

It fits perfectly:
WP_000257.jpg

So I made some 165mm ones today to replace it as I couldn't find any Hope C2 165mm discs for sale.

Then I got carried away and started making funky designs.
Here's my beta chain one:

chain2.jpg

Going to change the inner bit into something that looks like a sprocket. :twisted:

P.s. The designs look a bit dodgy on screenshots for some reason, I can assure you then are perfect circles and round when they are printed.

Fixed (using a traditional method of drilling) and fitted.

They're spot on!! :LOL:

Test fitting my M4's with a 203mm disc:
WP_000260.jpg

Rear 160mm disc.
WP_000261.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ba57ards":2r5fvsax said:
ok stupid question time u using the discs on the c2 brakes or the m4 brakes ?

cos m4 ( the 4 pot caliper ones use different discs than c2 discs ?

The discs that are fitted are going to be used with the C2's.

I'm going to design some discs specifically for the M4's. It was just to make sure that a 203mm disc fitted.

Also, rather strangely, I can increase the radius of the front disc as it's not using the full pad.

My original design was 20mm deep, however I'm going to increase the depth of the brake surface by 4mm. Also increase the length of the arms by 4m.

It will make the disc about 201mm in diameter, the 203mm was a tiny bit too big.

Latest posts

Back