Sorted Judy XLC topping out need some advice what to do

think you'll have to pour oil in left leg from the bottom, before tightening lower legs up............not sure how much in the right.bit hard not being with the fork in person, i wouldn't be so slow working itout :oops:

Also just noticed am missing a small o ring on this what ya ma callit

Attachments

• IMG_20120807_190346.jpg
    IMG_20120807_190346.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20120807_190353.jpg
    IMG_20120807_190353.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 297
hi it hasn't slipped off and run up the rod.....in the pic i can see 2 ? close together.just check that you have 1 for each groove

hi this is fun isn't itdoing from a distance :D LOL great of you to video by the way.

So do you know where everthing went ? Did you have a long ajuster rod with a spike at the bottom of the cartridge plunger and a smaller one at the top ? if so put the smaller one back in ( the end where the spring sits ?) and then yes fill the cartridge and pump slowly all the way down and all the way up , toping up and expelling the air, you may not get all the air out completly, but pump very very slowly or the oil will be cocome full of little bubbles and it will take a long while for them to riase to the top.

Getting back to your original problem, are you going to try and calm the noise down by fitting a thin rubber washer between the top of the damper unit and where the rod that holds the spring returns to,

There looked to be a top out bumper on the other leg (the half rounded rubber thing) but it sounds like the top of the cartridge is being slapped by the rod that supports the spring returning towards the carrtridge..

....very hard not being there in person perhaps there is a thin washer there already ?

Regard the lelt leg one of the spacers has what looks like a seal on it to stop oil in the bottom of the leg traveling up in the fork tube so it stays below and is used inbetween the inner and outer legs to lubricate........if so you may have to ignore my ealier statement about springs drop in 1st then spacers.it's normally the way, but if it has a wipper type /seal on it it needs to goback the way it came if you can remember.............perhaps you video'd the forks as you took them apart.

Hi mate i can remember how they go together

now for the cartridge first pic is of the top it has like a black stopper in does the oil go in there doesnt look like theres a hole there

or does it go into the hole in the next pic

Attachments

• IMG_20120807_205031.jpg
    IMG_20120807_205031.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_20120807_204941.jpg
    IMG_20120807_204941.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 327
i must admit i'm getting a bit fuzzy headed now as new baby in the house and lack of sleep is making it hard for me to visualize fork close up..if you get stuck putting it back together, i'll try and help out with each specific issue if and as they arise.......

....wasn't sure where that shorter pointy tipped rod came from ?

Back