show us your Rocky Mountains!

Having recently sold my Hammer to Chase76 (in order to fund a new project) I softened the blow by picking up this 93 Fusion. Planning a few changes including finding a new LX drive side crank having managed to strip the original whilst removing my crank extractor!

b67e2077.jpg

Nice Vertex there. I think the original steel ones are quite rare, aren't they? Interesting that they gave it conventional seatstays, even though other 92 models were still wishbone. I wonder whether it could be down to the (local) builder that they used - presumably not Dekerf?

No idea, only the bottom end Fusion that I have in the MTB line had the fastback stays. I think it's probably a marketing thing, they did market it as a 'traditional' style.

What's the frame number on it. Since Dekerf didn't make the Altitudes that year (from previous posts by him), not sure what if any where sourced out to him in 1992.

FluffyChicken":377ckrqr said:
What's the frame number on it. Since Dekerf didn't make the Altitudes that year (from previous posts by him), not sure what if any where sourced out to him in 1992.
They have Vnnnn numbers. Does your Altitude have an RMnnnn number?

Thanks guy. The frame number on the Vertex is V1113, which from another thread meant that it was welded locally but I don't know who by. The welds are certainly top notch though.

Anthony":lpt4g563 said:
FluffyChicken":lpt4g563 said:
They have Vnnnn numbers. Does your Altitude have an RMnnnn number?

From all that I've seen 1991 Altitudes are RM1xxx and 1992 Altitude are RMxxx, my 1993 I havn't found it yet.
Chris Dekerf said the 1991 Altitude's came all pre-stamped when delivered to him to weld up so that would make no difference.

V is probably just Vertex?, Vancouver? or a guy named Vincent... They used B for Blizzard, I assume, on some (or RMB).

I think you're right there,

V = Vertex
A = Altitude
E = Equipe

etc

I'm about to get a couple of downtube stickers re done on 95 EQUIPE, can someone measure the letter height of "ROCKY MOUNTAIN" and also the full length from the R to the N ?? :)

I will give mine a full rebuild at some stage and will get a propper set of stickers done, but it's just getting a tidy up so I can ride it

cheers fellas!

ozone1":1t4p6pwf said:
V = Vertex
A = Altitude
E = Equipe
No, E is generally used for The Edge, and later the Element. These numbers are the frames built by RM, or by a local contractor, and that would include all Easton frames, including The Edge and the Vertex from 93 onwards.

Basically Equipes and Blizzards were all built in Taiwan, so if you have an Equipe with an E serial (followed by 4 numbers), that would be a one-off.

Back