Who wants "Campy" removed from this forum?

Who wants the word "Campy" removed from this forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Disrespectful to shorten family names? Really? I wonder if Wiggo agrees :LOL:

Life's too short. Stephen fry has a wonderful video which is broadly on this topic, apparently you can't embed videos here but it is linked to below.

http://youtu.be/J7E-aoXLZGY

gregs656":13ri0e8i said:
Disrespectful to shorten family names? Really? I wonder if Wiggo agrees :LOL:

Life's too short. Stephen fry has a wonderful video which is broadly on this topic, apparently you can't embed videos here but it is linked to below.

http://youtu.be/J7E-aoXLZGY

Stephen Fry: I bet he rides campy components.

The gentleman below would not have used the term Campy. And that's enough reason for me not to use it.

Attachments

• eddy.jpg
    eddy.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 359
I hate the term "gruppo"

Campy doesn't bother me but i myself have always called it Campag' and not forgetting to put the ' on the end of the G' :D

As for short cuts in names it doesn't bother me personally! For instance my real name 'is' Ian but
i've had many friends call me E' - E'BO - E'ON - IRONMAN - I'ON ;)

What next ? Do we start criticizing peoples spellings :roll:

tintin40":37io3l48 said:
Cycling in London you need a hammer some times :LOL:
I used to find a Squire Paramount was a good substitute. When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail...

Campy is an Americanism, and as such it would be improper to object to its use by Americans. The French say "Campa" as if it were an abbreviation of "campagnard". Being British, I prefer "Campag".

This is an international site, and we're all citizens of the world. Let's enjoy our differences.

Who'd have thought a list of ten vaguely worded and difficult-to-apply-in-practice commandments would cause so many problems?
At a very lavish wedding reception in Paris a year or two ago I got involved in a lengthy, heated, and drunken argument with a couple of delightful Jewish girls from New York about the precise meaning of "thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's ass".

True.

Latest posts

Back