Rocky Mountain "Syncros" Expérience (COMPLETED)

made a new friend who had a contact who helped me in finally relacing the front wheel to get the clearance i needed for the Powerlite fork drop-outs. :D

while i was waiting in anticipation for that to be done, it inspired me to find some time to go over the frame once more with the scotchbrite pad and give it a decent brushed finish.

Attachments

• IMG_3111.JPG
    IMG_3111.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 913
I've put the wheels together with a pair of Ritchey Kevlar Megabite Zmax, WCS in the front. Unfortunately the WCS decals have faded/scrubbed off. It's either that or go with a set of Panaracer Smoke/Dart Comp.

XT headset installed with the fork and stem. May swap the stem to one without a noodle as I'm now considering using a set of Avid Arch Supreme Vs (on their way to me) which I'm thinking of pairing with the Avid SD-Ultimate L levers that I'd pull off the Mongoose Amplifier, or alternatively use a set of Altek or Real Design X-levers.

Out of curiosity, I measured the wheelbase of this bike and compared it with my Cirrus w/ Amp forks. There's a whopping 7cm difference with the Experience coming in around 100cm and the Cirrus with approx 107cm axle to axle. :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_3128.JPG
    IMG_3128.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 861
Beautiful ride, RockiMtn! I almost pulled the trigger on one in the early 90's but settled on my Stratos instead.

I just love the frame geometry.

bje":eftemvrs said:
Beautiful ride, RockiMtn! I almost pulled the trigger on one in the early 90's but settled on my Stratos instead.

What made you settle for the Stratos over the Experience? Have you had a look at my Cirrus thread which I've owned from new? ;)

RockiMtn":1cck93ua said:
bje":1cck93ua said:

What made you settle for the Stratos over the Experience? Have you had a look at my Cirrus thread which I've owned from new? ;)

Price point and being a "real" mtn bike rookie!

Needless to say I quickly graduated to my first Altitude :D

No I haven't seen your Cirrus thread yet. A MUST look up!!!!

latest updates…

Syncros Ti BB installed, forged cranks in black with alt black/silver rings mounted w/ COM bolt/extractor. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 861

Latest posts

Back