Sorted Judy XLC topping out need some advice what to do

Given its over 12 years since I had my hands on a pair of these I wouldn't want to advise you incorrectly mate, no idea I'm afraid, sorry pal!

if i had them in person i could proberbly fit something to lessen the noise with a bit of fiddling....i've modded a few forksin the past by lessening the travel by a small amount and taking up the slack as it were by packing out the negative/top out springs.

You could try an see if you could squeese in a couple of hard rubber tap washers each side....nothing too thick other wise you won't get your long springs back in....

Ok mate and if i put in too much oil i guess it will just ooze out bt do you grease up the big springs when i took em they were covered in grease

Marc
Cheers greenstiles for your help mate

clean and grease big springs..........when putting back in technically springs 1st then all the spacers last.

As for oil i would follow the oil for 99 manual for left leg 130cc and did any oil come out of the right leg ? the one with the damper cartridge in ? the dame cartridge obviously needs oil traveling throught it....but i can't remember if yours is a sealed unit or if it sucks oil in............pull the rod down to see if you can see any small valve holes if so 130cc again in that leg.

I would be able to tell better with colse up pics of the damper cartride rod

ok mate yeah it has cartridge mate it made a gurgling noise when i pulled them apart. I have to take mum to hospital today but will be back around 1pm will take some pics for you

Thanks mate for the help

will i get the oil at halfords mate

Just had a quick look have halfords and evans and few small bike shops a bit further away

hi oil for in the legs is prob 7.5/10wt cartridge is prob 5wt..............cheap motorbike fork oil is fine, like Putoline etc

TF2 is good stuff for the price :D ............you may need a syringe from the chemist to top up/fill up the cartride if re-fillable...........i could just make out in one of your pics what looked like the ajuster had come out and the pointy end of what was in the cartridge......if you very gently pump it did oil come out or is the still a plug screw in place ?

as said will need a close up to see if its a sealed or open affair

ok can see its a closed cartridge but refillable wear the pointy rod came out, would imagine it has lost some fluid, you will need to hold it up right and gently feed in oil a bit at a time and pump the rod up and down to let air bubbles raise to the suface, you should see them if you look down the hole your pouring into with a syringe (without a needle ) or similar small pourinf squirting in device.

Back