Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

Dunno if you've noticed but he smiles plenty when it's a face-to-face interview...

...noticed on the telly this morning that he really has to concentrate when he's wearing an ear-bud, which may account for the stoney face??

We all have different approaches to life. Murray tries to be cool, and is perhaps a little self conscious about his teeth. Who knows?

I personally don't give a toss as long as he produces edge of the seat performances. Win or lose.

:)

That was a great Olympic final to watch, and in a way, a total reverse of the Wimbledon final a few weeks ago... :cool:

The second set started to shape up almost identical to the Wimbledon one, with a lonnnnng game that Murray had to win, facing countless break points.

Pretty sure, if asked, Murray would have wished the wins were the opposite way round, but hes gotta be extatic with what he's achieved here.

All the BS about his character aside, I'm still happy to be watching the best tennis player from these shores, in modern times.

Tim, whoever he may be, didn't even come close to this level.. ;)

Perhaps Henman's tennis fell short, but no one can fist pump like the Tiger!

I hope Murray can go on to translate that display into a series of major wins. One thing is for certain; his Olympic record will always shine more gold than silver.

Currently displaying plenty of spirit in very tough conditions, from one set down against Berdych in the US Open.

Nadal was not in the competition, and Fed went out in an uncharacteristic shambles. You have to be in it to win it though, and Murray is making sure he is in a position to capitalise if anyone lets their guard drop.

If this year has put anything to bed, it is the doubt that he had the mental toughness to overcome.

Mon the Murray!

is Dunblane the highlands? We claim him as our very own snorting central belt Holstein. Nice girlfriend too....

Attachments

• balise and jennifer reoch make-up-c.jpg
    balise and jennifer reoch make-up-c.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 366
Whatever way you cut the cookie Dunblane is more Highlands than somewhere in Germany! :)

If I had nails they would have been torn off during that tie break!

Murray had a couple of chances for a second break, he really threw away. he needed to capitalise on Novak's slow start. Really needed to take the set as insurance now the Serb is warming up.

Love to see Murray win it, but if I am honest that was a reprieve.

Perhaps I am just being a cynical Scot.

Back